Solved

I never received my paper passes following an order on the Interrail site.

Hello, 

I never received my paper passes following an order on the Interrail site. The pass is for 22 days. The delivery man did not find my address, so the passes are returned to the Netherlands at interrail. However after 4 or even 5 contacts with interrail, no return of their pass, no response. This worries me because my holidays are coming, that I would like to organize my trip and that I have committed a large sum of money. What should be done in this case?

Tanks you for your help, 

Lea

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 14 April 2022, 18:49

View original

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

This can only be resolved via customer service.

What did they say they were going to do?

If they refund you, you can also buy an Interrail at the SNCF ticket office.

I have been sending messages via customer service for a week while waiting for the 48 hour response time but unfortunately never heard back from them. I then tried via their site at the level of refunds to see if I could exchange the ticket but I had to make a false manipulation because I can not even ask for a refund.

I didn't know that you could book interrail tickets via the SNCF.

So I'm blocked on all points I feel like I can't organize my trip if I don't have a pass, or even get a refund

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Customer service seems to be very busy and response times have shot up. Sending more messages with the same content will not let them respond earlier.

When do you start your trip? Did you mention that to customer service? Since requests are prioritised for urgency and people who are travelling are most urgent, followed by people who need to travel in the next few days.

The paper Interrail pass has always been sold by (almost) all participating railways. The fact that Interrail now can be ordered online from a central location is relatively new...

Thanks for the advice.

Our trip is not planned immediately, we normally have to leave at the beginning of July, the problem is that it is difficult to book a holiday without being sure of having the tickets and having the stress of not being able to leave. Afterwards, if they answer us a week before departure, I find it complicated.

This is information that we did not have at all when booking and we would have gone directly through them

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Our trip is not planned immediately, we normally have to leave at the beginning of July, the problem is that it is difficult to book a holiday without being sure of having the tickets and having the stress of not being able to leave. Afterwards, if they answer us a week before departure, I find it complicated.

I don't think it will take that long for them to respond. I'd think that arrangements will have been made by then.

You can already plan your trip and make reservations if you want. That doesn’t need to be done via Interrail.

I hope in any case that they will give an answer, because if we do not have the tickets, we cannot travel and take the trainFor the reservation of the trains, I thought that it was necessary to pass by interrail, because how to reserve without having to pay again?
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
For the reservation of the trains, I thought that it was necessary to pass by interrail, because how to reserve without having to pay again?

You can make reservations wherever you like. The Interrail website is just one of the options (which I try to avoid because of the extra fees). You can also go to the ticket office or use other websites. There are also some tutorials here.

thanks for the advice, we have booked a 22 day pass, what i understood is that with the passes we don't need to book any other train tickets? because often when you reserve a seat on a train you have to pay for this seat and what I understood from interrails passes is that you can take the trains you want?
Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Your Interrail pass is your train ticket. If you take a train that does not require reservations, then your Interrail is all you need.

There are also trains with mandatory reservations, primarily long distance trains in/to France, Spain, Italy (also Poland, Romania, night trains everywhere). For such trains, you need a reservation in addition to your Interrail pass.

So if I understand correctly for trains that also require a reservation, you have to pay for the reservation in addition to the purchase of our pass, to be able to take the train
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
So if I understand correctly for trains that also require a reservation, you have to pay for the reservation in addition to the purchase of our pass, to be able to take the train

Correct.

thank you for your help, it clarifies some things are not clear when you do not know and I feel like I have booked quickly because it is really recommended to meI have another question, on the interrail site, I wanted to exchange a ticket and I can no longer ask for a refund if I want to, in your opinion, should I wait for them to return to my questions i have about customer service
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
on the interrail site, I wanted to exchange a ticket and I can no longer ask for a refund if I want to, in your opinion, should I wait for them to return to my questions i have about customer service

What kind of ticket do you want to exchange? Or do you mean a reservation? If so, for which train?

it's the exchange of paper tickets by digital ones or the reimbursement of the ticket if we cannot make the exchange
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
it's the exchange of paper tickets by digital ones or the reimbursement of the ticket if we cannot make the exchange

OK, so you mean your pass. I'd wait until customer service has responded to see what they propose. As the sender, Interrail is responsible for the safe arrival of the post, as long as the address is correct, so they'd have to offer either a full refund or a new pass without any costs.

very well we will opt for this option, thank you very much for all your help