Solved

ID number for mobile pass activation not accepted

• 20 June 2021
  • 5 replies

• Rail rookie
  • 1 reply

Hello!

My name ist Pia and I just purchased my Mobile Pass for the next two months. The whole registration process worked out as described until I reached the 3rd and last step, in which one has to activate the pass by entering one´s ID or passport number. I tried my ID number (which is not expired, I checked) lots of times, but the Interrail App keeps rejecting it, asking me to try again.

Has this happened to someone else?

I am very thankful for every piece of advice!

Dear regards,

Pia

icon

Best answer by Nanja 22 June 2021, 15:56

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Maybe wait for a Response from @Nanja .

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi Pia, your topic has been redirected to our Customer Support team. They will get back to you via email as soon as possible to assist you further. Cheers, 

Thank you, I was able to solve the problem! :

Hi Pia

I have the same issue as you with Step 3 of the Activation process! What was the solution?

I note that my ID/ Passport details are not visible in my Order Overview, which is probably the reason why all my password attempts are being rejected when I try to enter my passport number.

URGENT: I need a quick solution as I need to activate my Pass on 5 July

Remarks

1. I do not recall ever having created a password for using the app, only a password for My Interrail Account, so it seems strange to ask the user to enter a password that was never created!
  2. There does not seem to be a place in My Interrail Account to add/change a password, or what the current password is. This is not user-friendly.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@pia  can you help?