Solved

If I purchase the paper pass, can I still use the mobile pass?

• 20 August 2022
  • 3 replies

If I purchase the paper pass, can I still use the mobile pass?  My concern is where there may be issues that at some stations they can’t use the mobile to scan our passes, or if I lose my mobile; so it would be preferable to have paper in these instances.

icon

Best answer by mcadv 20 August 2022, 20:44

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

NO, it is either/or. There seems to be an option to registrate the trips made on app with use of paperpass as ´ticket´ but there have been quite a few reports here that in such cases the conductors get so confused they want to see that QR-code that usually comes on your fone.

I see youre USA; IF you fly in at some major airports, mostly DE=germany, probably also Swiss/Zúri, then you can buy the paper pass right on the spot at counter in a few mins.

Thanks for the information.  I decided to purchase the paper pass.  I’ve heard that the system may be down in some instances, and the station may require the paper version instead.  Also, coming from the USA our phone service is expensive on overseas trips so I may not be using our phone as often.

Thank you again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I’ve heard that the system may be down in some instances

Which system? In addition, you don't need internet to show a barcode or to add journeys.

and the station may require the paper version instead.

There was one instance of a Romanian ticket office where they said that you'd have to book all reservation online with a mobile pass (which is nonsense) but I expect such things to disappear now that the mobile passes are omnipresent.