Solved

If my residency permit expires after I start travelling, am I still eligible for an Interrail?

I am a UK resident currently via the Youth Mobility visa, but that will be expiring while I am travelling. I will be leaving before my visa and residency permit expires.

Am I eligible to purchase an Interrail pass?

icon

Best answer by Claudi. 6 August 2022, 08:56

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

What is your nationality? DO you qualify for visum-free travel ´on the continent´ (as this is most likely the place you will travel on after expiry for UK?

But situations like your remain a murky area, borderline to all rules, and I´ve never seen a definite answer to it

What is your nationality? DO you qualify for visum-free travel ´on the continent´ (as this is most likely the place you will travel on after expiry for UK?

But situations like your remain a murky area, borderline to all rules, and I´ve never seen a definite answer to it

New Zealand nationality so until late 2022 I understand I am eligible for 90 days travel within the Schengen area without a visa.

Yes, from what I’ve been able to gather it’s a bit of a grey area!

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hello, I appreciate that this answer is likely to late to be useful, but just in case other travelers find themselves in the same position: Officially, you will not be allowed to travel with an Interrail pass after your EU/UK proof of residency has expired. In reality, this is rarely thoroughly checked by conductors. You could incur a fine if a conductor does pick up on the inconsistency, so in this case, better safe than sorry :) In this instance, please reach out to our customer service team to request a pass exchange.