In terms of interrailing in the winter. Seeing touristy and non-touristy spots, what is a realistic budget?

• 9 September 2021
  • 5 replies

Looking at going as many countries as possible :)

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey Ben,

There are more details needed to answer you this question in a proper way.

which countries would you like to visit? How long? What kind of comfort do you wish? …

Hi Martin,

Looking at approx max 20 countries as shown below, my friend and I are wiling to do it as cheap as possible so we can see more, looking at a 3-4 month period. Thanks :)

Russia

Germany

Switzerland

France

Italy

Ukraine

Poland

Romania

Bulgaria

Netherlands

Belgium

Czech Republic

Sweden

Hungary

Belarus

Serbia

Finland

Slovakia

Slovenia

Norway

Croatia

Bosnia and Herzegovina

Lithuania

Latvia

Estonia

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

The budget vary depending on the Country, which Comfort you like (Hotel,Hostel,AirBnB) and what you wanna do (museum, excursion)

Just for staying in Hostels and food (self cooking in the Hostel) you can count on 20€ per day in Countries like Hungary,Romania as you find beds from just 5-10€ per Night but in other Countries like Switzerland you can pay more than 30€ for a bed in a shared room :/ + quite expensive food and count with 50€ per day :/

for 3 months i recommend atleast 3000-4000€ as you still have to pay for reservations, Visa (for Belarus and Russia
most europeans need a visa :/ there is a new law (2020) that Belarus and Russia recognice the visa of the other means you can visit Belarus with a Russian Visa but i have no experience with the new rules :/ )

Please note that in Russia and Ukarine you can´t use Interrail/Eurail (only special offer from Helsinki to St.Petersburg or by Nighttrain to Moscow or for Ukraine a special offer from Vienna via Budapest to Lviv & Kiev :) )

Belarus is not covered by Interrail :/

In my experience you for got 1 (2) countries on the list :D “Moldova” and the not existing Country of “Transnistria” :) Interrail not valid but pretty cheap countries :D

in general i would place the not covered countries at the end or the start of your journey so that you not waste any traveldays of your Interrail pass :)

Hi, thank you so much again that really helps, very good advice! Is there any other way of contacting you if that’s okay?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi, thank you so much again that really helps, very good advice! Is there any other way of contacting you if that’s okay?

You can contact me here 🙂 or via Facebook :) but i prefer to ask and answer here or in the relevant Facebook groups as i´am maybe wrong or something changed recently and i didn´t notice that :) and then other experienced traveler maybe correct me :)