Solved

Inbound journey home not shown in My Pass

Badge +1

Hello to all travellers, experienced or otherwise. I have 2 questions for you.

The first question is this:

I have an Interrail Global Complimentary Pass Adult, valid for 1 month continuous on my mobile phone.

I have activated my outbound journey London-Paris Nord for travel on Eurostar on 4th April 2023, and I have paid for and printed out a seat reservation.

Because of the warnings that Eurostar seats for Interrail travellers are limited and therefore should be reserved as far in advance as possible I took the precaution of activating an inbound journey Brussels-London-Newcastle for 2nd May 2023, and I have paid for and printed out a seat reservation for that too.

However, when I go to My Pass and click on Show Ticket only the outbound journey London-Paris Nord is showing under the QR code, and I am puzzled as to why the inbound journey details are not there. Should I be worried? Have I made a mistake somewhere?

My second question is related to my first, and it is this:

My outbound and inbound journeys are the only two journeys which I am certain about making at this moment. I have not yet decided where and when to travel once I have arrived in Paris. I intend to add journeys around France, Switzerland, and Belgium using the + sign in the My Trip, probably on a daily basis. Am I correct in thinking that as and when I do add a journey the details should be displayed as a list beneath the QR code in My Pass?

Or does each new journey generate a new QR code?

Thanks in advance for your guidance.

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 1 April 2023, 23:30

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

As you have a continuous pass there's no need to already add the return journey. If you activate the pass on 4th April, it'll be valid until 3rd May

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
  1. There is no need at all to activate your pass in advance. You can book reservations without activating your pass and often even without having a pass (yet). There is no advantage in activating in advance, only a possible disadvantage, because you can only cancel activation until 23:59 CET before validity starts. If something unexpected happens after that, e.g. you wake up ill, then it will be to late to cancel activation and you will loose travel days. The best is to cancel activation now and only to activate shortly before you take your first train.
  2. By any chance, do you have an iPhone with app version 30.0.0? If so, then it's a known issue that journeys aren't showing below the QR code. There's already an app update, version 30.0.1, so go please ahead and install that.
  3. You don’t have to add any journeys to your pass in advance. As long as you add a train before you board it, it's fine.
Badge +1

Thanks to both for all the useful information above. It’s a great relief.

“By any chance, do you have an iPhone with app version 30.0.0? If so, then it's a known issue that journeys aren't showing below the QR code. There's already an app update, version 30.0.1, so go please ahead and install that.”

I couldn’t find a way to discover which version of the app (the Railplanner app, I presume?) is on my phone, but I have visited the App Store and have installed an update to Railplanner which I saw there.

Despite installing that update my inbound journey Brussels-London-Newcastle is so far still not showing below the QR code in My Pass/Show Ticket, but I’m guessing it might show up there in due course. In any case, from what I’m given to understand from the response to my question, that’s not going to matter because I have a Continuous Pass, and have a (printed) reservation.

Would that be correct? I only ask for the sake of complete peace of mind.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The app version can be seen under More, when you scroll to the bottom.

The journey should already show up below the QR code. What might help is to go into My Trip, tap on the yellow switch to remove the journey from the pass, and then tap on the switch again to re-add it.