Solved

inbound on night train

• 15 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi I just used my inbound for the night train but the inbound is connected to the day before and now I can’t use the ticket anymore today even though I crossed the border past midnight. Is there a possibility that I can use the ticket still today in my country of residence?

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 15 August 2022, 08:56

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Nu niet echt meer-tenzij de de gebruikelijke eristochnooit controle treft. Je hebt zowieso een extra reisdag nodig als je op een nwe dag weer treinen gebruikt-maar je had tevoren dit moeten bedenken en de vele betr. reacties lezen: de laatste reisdag met INbound apart zetten als dag vanaf bvb de stop waar die nachttrein na 0.00 stopt. Dat zal nu wel te laat wezen

Alweer een voordeel dat de ouwe stijl paper pass biedt-kon je zo alaminute bij NS kopen

Op het moment dat ik inbound goedkeurde had ik er helemaal niet aan gedacht dat het daarna ook echt niet meer mogelijk is om te reizen. Ik ging die dag toch zegmaar mijn land in dus ik dacht dat ik het zo moest aangeven. Ik heb nu wel nog een reisdag over op mijn kaart hoe kan ik die dan nog gebruiken?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

It doesn't help you now but I want to show how you should have done. Hopefully that can help someone else. 

This is a known problem with the night trains and the mobile pass. You should have split the journey for the night train in 2 parts.

One part from the station where you boarded the train to a station where the train passed after midnight but before entering your home country and then a second part from that station to the station in your home country where you left the train.

If you hade done like that, then the inbound travel day would have been on the arrival day of the night train. 

People from Sweden going home from Germany with the night train and people from Germany going back home from Sweden with the night train run into the same problem.