Skip to main content

Hello,

Inbound/Outban count in the number of days of Global Passs ? Thanks yo

Yes, they are included in the pass days.

I would like to specify that question.

let’s say I book a pass with 7 travel days within one month. 

my residency is Germany.

first trip is outbound from Munich to Brussels.

After that - do I have 6 trips (travel days) or still 7 trips (travel days) left? 

thank you 

6 trips.

• (Actually travel days, not trips.)

Thanks! 

follow up question - why does it state in the FAQ it is not extra travel days? That is a bit confusing - can be understood in both ways. 

Travelling in your country of residence
We want our Passes to be as flexible as our travellers, so if you're travelling with an Interrail Global Pass, you can now use it to travel in your country of residence during one outbound journey and one inbound journey that occur during travel days at any point in your trip (outbound and inbound journeys are not extra travel days). If you need more than one outbound and inbound journey, you can always buy additional point-to-point tickets from your country’s rail carrier.

For me it’s quite clear. Maybe better would be: “On two days during the validity period in the pass, you can use the pass in your own country. These days are not extra, but included in your travel days”.

Thank you! Fast and of huge help 

Maybe better would be: “On two days during the validity period in the pass, you can use the pass in your own country. These days are not extra, but included in your travel days”.

Even better, I think: “On two of your travel days, you can also use the pass in your own country. This means these days are not extra, but included in your travel days”.

(Second sentence is optional.)