Solved

Inbound outbound travel

• 29 June 2022
  • 7 replies

So I understand that we only have one inbound and one outbound journey. It says on a website that it doesn’t matter how many travel you do as long as it is within 1 day of travel. I’m from Scotland so obviously I need to get to Scotland from London. As I see my app allow me to take train at 23:30 from London. But will my pass still count if the travel is over night? I mean won’t that be a problem later on in a train? Can I actually do that this way?

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 29 June 2022, 16:13

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

It will only work with one travel day if you travel on the same train after midnight. As soon as you change the train, you’d need an extra ticket as your inbound day might already be used up… so better to arrive early morning in London and then continue to Scotland.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The travel day is 00.00 -23.59 CET, so any train leaving after 22.59 GMT will be using a new travel day.

It will only work with one travel day if you travel on the same train after midnight. As soon as you change the train, you’d need an extra ticket as your inbound day might already be used up… so better to arrive early morning in London and then continue to Scotland.

Well, I can’t because I have seat reservation for that exact train from Paris to London. So it won’t work with what I have in a screen shot above? 

The travel day is 00.00 -23.59 CET, so any train leaving after 22.59 GMT will be using a new travel day.

after 22:59 or you meant 23:59?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

She is saying that because of the time zone difference you only have until 22.59 in UK

Official Caledonian Sleeper rule is an other than on all other nighttrains (it’s been discussed here before): “Britrail / Inter-Rail / Eurail / FIP Coupons will need to be valid on the date you arrive in your destination but not necessarily on the date you join the train for departures before midnight.”

Room Supplements | Caledonian Sleeper

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

After 22.59 GMT. The UK is in a different time zone than most of mainland Europe.