Solved

Interail pass without holding an NL passport? Only general trains or also international ones?

Hello, I am looking to purchase an Interail global pass. I live in the Netherlands at the moment but only as a traveller at this stage (90 days) I hold a New Zealand passport but my partner who I am living with has a Dutch passport. I have 2 questions regarding this. 1. Will I be able to use this pass with no issues, given I do not hold an NL Passport? and 2. Can this be used within the Netherlands for the general trains, or just the international ones?

icon

Best answer by Angelo 7 May 2022, 17:22

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

If you have a proof that you live in the Netherlands, than you are able to buy Interrail. 
But with Interrail you are only allowed to use the pass in your country of residence only 2 days (to leave and to come back home - Inbound/Outbound rule). In your case this would be the Netherlands. On this 2 days you can take as many trains you can catch (all trains in NL, Thalys, Eurostar and Nightjet needs a Reservation). 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I don't know anything about the price difference between Interrail and Eurail, but with a global Eurail pass you would have free travels in the Netherlands as well. With a global Interrail pass you would, as @Angelo wrote, only have two traveldays in the Netherlands.