Solved

Interrail from Belgium to the UK

• 28 March 2022
  • 4 replies

Can I travel with a interrailpass from Brussels South to London. Normally I travel with the Eurostar but it is so expensive.

There for my question can I buy an interrail pass and travel with that with the Eurostar or is there another way?

icon

Best answer by Michael 28 March 2022, 19:31

View original

4 replies

Hi, if you have a Global Pass, you can travel with the Eurostar from Brussels Midi to London, but you need a seat reservation (30 € for a 2nd class seat an 38€ for a 1st class seat).

Hi Michael

Thank you for your reply. I’ve downloaded rail planner app already. I guess when I buy that global pass, I can add the number of my global pass and everything is fine. Is that correct?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thank you for your reply. I’ve downloaded rail planner app already. I guess when I buy that global pass, I can add the number of my global pass and everything is fine. Is that correct?

The steps to take for activation are in the confirmation email with the pass number.

To book Eurostar, the best is to go to a station in Belgium that sells international tickets. Interrail adds a 2€ booking fee. NMBS doesn't if you book Interrail reservations at the station.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

If you do ONLY this trip in 1 day, the total cost is thus 1 travelday (mostly around 30€)+ the 30€ supplmt-which is together more as the lowest €* fare-except that they do not seem to offer this fare for the coming monthes. It all depends on your plans and how desperate you are to really use this train what gives you best bargain. €* has also QUOTa for passholders, so there is always the chance that on very busy days.times you have no luck.