Solved

Interrail Global Pass only works 7 months ahead - what is wrong?

• 10 January 2024
  • 13 replies

Hi,

i bought an Interrail Global Pass today (10.01.24) and want to start my journey in March 2024. When i try to book my seat it is not possible with my Interrail Global Pass.

In my Email i got after buying the Interrail Global Pass it said “nach Datum aktivieren” (english Translation with deepl: “Activate by date”)  : 14.07.2024

But there wasnt an option for choosing a date while buying the Interrail Global Pass.

When i try to activate the Pass I can only choose between June and July 2024...not March as a startdate...

icon

Best answer by Hektor 10 January 2024, 18:31

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

This is very strange. You should be able to activate a pass and select a start date between purchase and 11 months after purchase.

Did you buy this pass on interrail.eu? If not, where did you buy it?

In any case, please create a request for customer service here:

https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/de/requests/new

Hi,

i bought an Interrail Global Pass today (10.01.24) and want to start my journey in March 2024. When i try to book my seat it is not possible with my Interrail Global Pass.

In my Email i got after buying the Interrail Global Pass it said “nach Datum aktivieren” (english Translation with deepl: “Activate by date”)  : 14.07.2024

But there wasnt an option for choosing a date while buying the Interrail Global Pass.

When i try to activate the Pass I can only choose between June and July 2024...not March as a startdate...

Is it a global pass for not more than 15 days and is it even not possible to activate it before June 9th?

Yes, I did buy it at https://www.interrail.eu/de .

Thank you for the fast answer. I already did contact the zendesk helpcenter an got a ticket number.

It is a 4 days Pass and it cant be activated before June.

Just out of interest: June 1st or June 9th?

It can only be achtivated between 9th of June and 14th of July 2024.

Ok, then you got a promotional pass. But this promotion should start next week, not today. 

Seems to be mistake. But at least it’s an explainable error.

Thank you for your help...then i have to wait for the helpdesk

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Ok, then you got a promotional pass. But this promotion should start next week, not today. 

Do you have any more details on it? Not even the NMBS/SNCB product sheet website has any information yet...

Do you have any more details on it? Not even the NMBS/SNCB product sheet website has any information yet...

Promotion does start January 17th.

25% off 4, 5, 7, 10, 15 day global passes (1st and 2nd class Flex).

Adult, child, youth, senior passes.

Valid for travel June 9th to July 21st.

German residents excluded.  

But it’s dedicated to visitors of a match of the European Football Championship (only; just visitors to a match). So it’s not for everyone… that’s why the travel dates are that restricted...

Obviously it’s been sold here by mistake...

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Will they restrict the sale to people holding tickets or will you only have to show some proof onboard ?

For the latter I expect a lot of people to buy the pass (mistakenly or not) without holding a match ticket.

Will be interesting for sure...

Will they restrict the sale to people holding tickets or will you only have to show some proof onboard ?

For the latter I expect a lot of people to buy the pass (mistakenly or not) without holding a match ticket.

Will be interesting for sure...

Both. But not exactly. You need to get a Fan Pass (which gives a lot of benefits). To get a Fan Pass, you need to hold a ticket. It’s just possible to buy and valid for travelling if you are holding a Fan Pass (just like needing a Vorteilscard, BahnCard or a Halbtax when travelling half-price)…

There will also be DB fix priced normal tickets for 29,90 € 2nd and 39,90 € 1st class for them.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

OK, that's one of the offers described here:

https://www.uefa.com/euro2024/event-guide/ticket-holders/