Solved

interrail italy pass useable from Stuttgart to Milan?

Hi everyone, 

i would like to travel from Stuttgart to Milan and back. Which Interrail Ticket do I have to take? I’m not sure because the rail planner mentions to book a Interrail Italy Pass with 3 travel days? 

Is this the right way to do it? 

thanks in advance for a quick reply. 
BR

icon

Best answer by seewulf 15 June 2022, 16:23

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi everyone, 

i would like to travel from Stuttgart to Milan and back. Which Interrail Ticket do I have to take? I’m not sure because the rail planner mentions to book a Interrail Italy Pass with 3 travel days? 

Is this the right way to do it? 

thanks in advance for a quick reply. 
BR

Stuttgart to Milan you need a Globalpass
if you only wanna travel to Milan please check for Saverfares / “Sparpreisen” of German & Swiss rail.

Easiest route would be Stuttgart - Zürich - Milan.

Thanks for your quick reply. It’s quite misleading in the railplanner… is it possible to change an already booked pass?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Thanks for your quick reply. It’s quite misleading in the railplanner… is it possible to change an already booked pass?

Depends if on the condition of purchase
Promotional passes usually not
Standard Passes yes.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Here is information about how to exchange your pass. You can also ask for a refund of the pass if you think that it will be cheaper to buy single tickets than using a pass.

https://community.eurail.com/eurail-interrail-passes-41/how-long-to-change-my-pass-4856?postid=21595#post21595

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Willste dann noch weiter in IT rundfahren um mehr zu sehen?

1 country pass is ONLY valid in that country-not for trip to it, so you have to book till best border (most often Chiasso). Otherwise one could buy a dirt cheap pass for Eestti=Estonia and then go for free across 4 countries?