Solved

Interrail mobile pass not linked to online account - can't sync activated pass on app to online account

• 29 June 2022
  • 7 replies

I have bought an inter rail mobile pass. The pass is not showing up anywhere on my online inter rail account in the “order overview section” - and not showing up anywhere else, and therefore I cannot see if it has been activated. How do I get it to show up? However, my pass is activated on my inter rail APP

I have manually created a Trip on my ONLINE inter rail account, and manually added my pass details. I have added friends to this Trip. They have done the same, but none of us can see that we have been added to each others’ Trips. We need to make train reservations. If I make a reservation Online for all of us on my Trip, does that show up for their Trips as we are linked?

When I board the train, what details to I show? Is this on the App? How do I link / synch the Online account and details about the Trip to the App?.

I leave early next week and need this sorted out ASAP. Any help appreciated 

@AnnaB do you have any ideas thanks

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 29 June 2022, 19:49

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Did you get a confirmation email? Do you have a pass number for your mobile pass?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The rail planner is normally not up to date, as it only is updated once a month, so to be sure of the time table you better check the timetable and availability on the websites of the national railways. The bigger national railways, like DB (Germany) SBB (Switzerland) and ÖBB (Austria) cover several countries. 

The advice from the experienced travellers in the community is to use other ways to make reservations than the Interrail/Eurail website. You can look at the guide in the link:

https://community.eurail.com/train-connections-reservations-47/how-to-get-reservations-105

If you, after having looked at the guide, have questions about how to make specific reservation, please give your travel details (departure date, time and route) preferably in a new post, and you will get advice. 

Hi, thank you for your reply

Yes, I have a confirmation email about my pass, and in it includes my pass number for my mobile pass. I used this number to set up my mobile pass on the app (which has been activated).

We’ve decided one of us will book seat reservations for the 3 of us, via a shared Trip on the online inter rail website.

Each of us will also create a Trip on our separate apps (with our separate passes connected) and add the trains we want after we’ve reserved them. This allows us to access a scannable ticket (s) which mean we can board our trains 

From what we can understand, this will work? And allow us to travel on our inter rail passes through europe?

Currently, the inter rail website is not allowing us to book seat reservations - for each train we want, it says the seats are either “currently unavailable” or “not available for some travellers”. I think these are glitches in the website (especially the latter, since an hour ago it was not saying this…). We will try again tomorrow to book these train reservations. If this does not work, we will keep trying, or book on the actual train websites, or wait to reserve seats for our next destination when we are in europe.

Is there anything you suggest?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I, and other experience travellers in the Community, would recommend you to do the following, start by reading the recommendation that I will post below, then deactivate you passes, don't use the Rail Planner for making your final plan and finally only make reservations through the Interrail website as a last choice. And don't hesitate to ask questions here if anything is unclear. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The rail planner is normally not up to date, as it only is updated once a month, so to be sure of the time table you better check the timetable and availability on the websites of the national railways. The bigger national railways, like DB (Germany) SBB (Switzerland) and ÖBB (Austria) cover several countries. 

The advice from the experienced travellers in the community is to use other ways to make reservations than the Interrail/Eurail website. You can look at the guide in the link:

https://community.eurail.com/train-connections-reservations-47/how-to-get-reservations-105

If you, after having looked at the guide, have questions about how to make specific reservation, please give your travel details (departure date, time and route) preferably in a new topic, and you will get advice. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

During the activation process, when you choose the start day of the validity of the pass, the first day of the validity period is automatically made a travel day, even if you don't enter a journey, the advice is therefore not to activate the pass before the first travel day as you only can deactivate the pass before 00.00 on the day the validity starts. If your travel plans change in the last moment you will loose travel days if you have activated the pass in advance.

It can be wise to make a test and activate the pass with a start date well in the future and then deactivate the pass immediately, just to see that everything works.

The advice from the experienced travellers in the community is also never to activate a travel day, that is connect a journey to your pass, until just before boarding the train, otherwise you might loose a travel day if your travel plans change in a late stage  You can't delete a travel day in the past. A travel day can only be deleted until 23.59 CET the day before the travel day.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If you have trouble with your app, please post a screen shot where you have removed any personal data.