Interrail pass cover number

Userlevel 1

Hi there, Ive read many threads on this website and am struggling to book a TGV/intercite de Nuit from Paris to nice on the 10th of July. I haven't managed to find any overnight trains to my disappointment, and no TGV in the daytime on the 11th on the interrail reservation service. I have read in another thread that the ‘check back later’ error message means that all 10 euro trains have sold out, and 20 euro trains are available for purchase on other providers, such as B Europe. I wanted to know, is there any way for me to book that intercity de Nuit train, or if not a way to book the TGV without the pass cover number, or how to request the pass cover number.

Many thanks in advance,

Alexandra

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

These are the very same train-but with different quota set aside (in fact only the 10€ is a small quota-the rest is as long as there is-and most TGV have >800 seats).

IF you have read so many answers-you must have seen plenty of times the links by Anna (from Sverige) to the other overveiw-in there you can read that in your case its best to CALL (you know-via a fone) SNCF /en/ nr.

There very few overnite trains (In fact only 2 from Paris-splitting up in various destinations) have 10€ seats (often old 1st cl cars) and couchette=lie down bunk, for 21,50. Minor destinations may not have both.

Userlevel 1

Hi there mcadv,

Thank you very much for your reply. To summarise, are you saying there are no remaining seats on the overnight train for interrail pass holders? I have tried to call but nobody picked up - I may have the wrong number? If there are no seats remaining on the sleeper train, is there an alternative way to book TGV on the 11th of July?

Thanks,

Alexandra

Hi there mcadv,

Thank you very much for your reply. To summarise, are you saying there are no remaining seats on the overnight train for interrail pass holders? I have tried to call but nobody picked up - I may have the wrong number? If there are no seats remaining on the sleeper train, is there an alternative way to book TGV on the 11th of July?

Thanks,

Alexandra

Hi Alexandra, I don’t think he did check anything at all. You didn’t tell if you have a 1st or a 2nd class pass and if you are alone or if you’d need more places.

The night train on the 10th has availability in 2nd class couchette, on the 11th there is just one connection that is sold out (11.52 from Paris, arriving in Nice at 18.37 with one change), all the other connections are available.

Userlevel 1

Thank you so much Hektor! there are 4 of us, all with 2nd class passes. Can we book on that night train with our interrail ticket or do we have to pay full price? Im not sure what you mean by if we’d ‘need more places’ :(

Thank you,

Alexandra :) 

Thank you so much Hektor! there are 4 of us, all with 2nd class passes. Can we book on that night train with our interrail ticket or do we have to pay full price? Im not sure what you mean by if we’d ‘need more places’ :(

Thank you,

Alexandra :) 

“Need more places”: If a train is nearly full, it makes a difference if you’d need one place or four. And you didn’t write how many places you’d need...

For the night train to Nice: It’s possible to get a compartment together (at least just at that moment, may change if someone does book one of the places), but it’s not possible anymore to get a compartment just for you (there are two more beds in that compartment). 21,50 € per person; departs 20.51 Paris Austerlitz, arrives 9.08 Nice Ville.

Userlevel 1

Thanks Hektor,

How do we go about booking this? On the interrail booking website I have this message:

Thanks,

Alexandra

Thanks Hektor,

How do we go about booking this? On the interrail booking website I have this message:

Thanks,

Alexandra

Hi Alexandra, you need to be in France or you need to call. The information shown in your screenshot just does mean that a reservation is not possible at this website, not that there is no availability. 

BTW:

If you’re not a mixed group, ask for a womans compartment.

And if you’d like to get two lower beds, tell them (otherwise you’ll normally get middle and upper). 

Userlevel 1

Hi Hektor,

Where would I find the phone number?

Thanks,

Alexandra

Hi Hektor,

Where would I find the phone number?

Thanks,

Alexandra

Contact us by telephone | SNCF

There’s an “outside France” number. But I think it’s closed now.

Userlevel 1

Thank you so much! Just one more question - we also had problems booking a Eurostar. Could this be for the same reason?

Alexandra

Thank you so much! Just one more question - we also had problems booking a Eurostar. Could this be for the same reason?

Alexandra

I may have a look if you tell me the date and route.

Userlevel 1

London st. Pancras to Paris and any time on the 8th of July.

London st. Pancras to Paris and any time on the 8th of July.

There is indeed no availabilty to France until sunday (10th). Sorry...

Userlevel 1

Thank you for checking, its okay we suspected as much…

Tomorrow I will call up and request seats on the sleeper train.

Thanks

Alexandra

Thank you for checking, its okay we suspected as much…

Tomorrow I will call up and request seats on the sleeper train.

Thanks

Alexandra

No problem, Alexandra. Have a nice trip.