Solved

Interrail pass for germany

• 25 November 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi, I am an international student (non-European passport) currently residing in Belgium. I have been living here for the past two years and hold a valid residence permit card from Belgium. I am planning to visit Germany for 3 days.

I am writing to seek clarification regarding my eligibility to purchase an Interrail Pass. As a non-European passport holder, I am uncertain whether I should opt for an Interrail Pass or a Eurail Pass for my upcoming travel plans. Any other practical advice would also be appreciated.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 25 November 2023, 01:50

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

You can choose both. If you buy Interrail you’ll have to bring the residence permit card with you (staff may ask for it). You’ll also have a limitation : on max 2 of the pass days you’ll be able to travel in your home country.

On the other hand with Eurail there’s no such rule. Simply bring your non-European passport with you.

Prices are the same.

Btw depending on your destinations and travel dates it could be a lot cheaper to buy Sparschiene (advance) tickets. Also possible to combine them with the 49€ Deutschlandticket : valid for a calendar month on all regional trains, trams, buses of the country.

Feel free to ask for advice.

Thanks for this detailed information