Solved

Interrail Pass price

• 27 June 2021
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

hello, I would like to take an Interrail pass and when we planify the road trip on the map, we add more nights in each cities (for exemple berlin from the 17th until the 20th),and  the price increase from 226 € to 271€. but normally the price is about the number of the route we choose, not the number of the nights we spend in each town? 

icon

Best answer by Nanja 30 June 2021, 11:58

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Maybe the system changed somehow from a Youth to a Adultpass. Maybe share your details (How many Stops and Nights at a Stop)

For example Stop A 3 Nights + Stop B 2Nights :)

What can happens aswell that the Planner moved to a higher pass for exmple from a 4days in a month pass to a 5days in a month pass :) As maybe one Route now need a change after midnight and because of that 2 Traveldays.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi, it depends on how many cities you are planning to visit and how many days you are planning to travel (for instance, 15 days of travel continuous are different from 15 travel days within a longer overall period). If you can share your itinerary with us we can better look into it. Cheers:relaxed:

We plan to travel from the u.s.mid September, ultimately arriving in Lille, Fr., for four days.  From there, we’re going to Brugge, Be. for 2 days and then on to Amsterdam for two days, finally to Dublin for four days.  I’m unsure as to how to price this itinerary.  Can you be of assistance?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

We plan to travel from the u.s.mid September, ultimately arriving in Lille, Fr., for four days.  From there, we’re going to Brugge, Be. for 2 days and then on to Amsterdam for two days, finally to Dublin for four days.  I’m unsure as to how to price this itinerary.  Can you be of assistance?

A new topic would have been better.

Will you have a rail pass or not?

No, I laid it out because I don’t know how to calculate the cost of the ticket(s).  Is the cost based on stopps or total time required to make my stops and visits.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

For Lille to Brugge, you can buy tickets via Belgian railways. I'd recommend to visit Gent instead though. More to see, less of a tourist trap.

For Brugge (or Gent) to Amsterdam, buy tickets via Dutch railways.

Amsterdam to Dublin can be done via rail but takes quite a long time, since you need to cross water twice and also the UK in between. With current timetables (still not fully recovered from COVID), you'll also need to stay overnight somewhere.