Solved

Interrail start date foreign country

In the Interrail Global Pass, you have to enter the date of departure of your country, but if we leave in a different country, can we put the date of the foreign country?

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 9 June 2022, 18:13

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You put the date when you will start travelling, no matter in which country you start your travel. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

As @AnnaB said :)

You select the start of your traveling not when leaving your Country :)

The Inbound and Outbound journey can be at any time in any order within the Pass Validity.

You can even have some gaps in your pass for example on the pass from Berlin to Budapest and next you travel Vienna - Munich on the pass as you covered Budapest - Vienna somehow else (bus,flight,Carsharing)  :)

Thanks, but is flixbus included or not?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

No Flixbus is not included, also not Flixtrain in Germany or Sweden. 

Are ferries included or not?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

READ the general info-it has it all there per country. F.e. in IT it includes TrenItalia and TreNord and NOT the many other linee regionale delle provinzie, like in Umbria or around Mount Etna=this is for the turistici visiting bella Italia.

In general there are no ferries included-but quite a few that offer sensible links offer discounts-though the very same discounts are often also given to any ju/se-nior anyway.

BUSes are only included IF they run as rail replacement due to works or whatever. They will be marked as ´name of railway´ in such cases.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Are ferries included or not?

Here you can check what is included and what not. Some have aggreements with Interrail https://benefitsportal.eurail.com/?

I have to do this stretch Helsinki-Tallinn and I decided to do it by ferry. Is the ferry considered as if it were a train? That is, I mark it as if it were a train route. So in my Global pass?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I have to do this stretch Helsinki-Tallinn and I decided to do it by ferry. Is the ferry considered as if it were a train? That is, I mark it as if it were a train route. So in my Global pass?

As the ferry offer a discount no need to add it to the app :) it even doesn´t take a travelday.

As the ferry offer a discount no need to add it to the app :) it even doesn´t take a travelday.

Sorry but I couldn't figure out the answer on the ferry. Is it included in the route I will do or not? will I have to write the date of the day I take it on the ticket?
Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Sorry but I couldn't figure out the answer on the ferry. Is it included in the route I will do or not? will I have to write the date of the day I take it on the ticket?

The ferry is not included. You have to pay for the Ferry :) Luckily the ferry offer a discount for Railpassuser :)

The ferries doesn´t have to be written in the Traveldiary and it even wont use a Travelday (in case of Flexipasses)

https://benefitsportal.eurail.com/benefits/tallink-silja-oy-ferries/