Solved

interrail - using a European and non-European passport

• 18 January 2023
  • 5 replies

Hello

i am a UK resident and bought a 3 month Interrail pass. My UK passport is nearly full. I also have an Australian passport. Can I use my UK passport for the Interrail pass and my Australian one at the relevant borders?

Thanks

Martyn 

icon

Best answer by Al_G 18 January 2023, 21:04

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Yes. Nobody from either officialdom is interested in cross-checking such things.

Obviously, you need to check any possible restrictions on entry fot the countries you visit for the passport you present to immigration officials.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

But once in the Schengen combined zone-which comprises most of the countries ´on the continent´ you get no further stamps in passpt and I doubt if you even get one as a Brexi Brit-its all electronic in these modern times. So there is also no need to show passpt. Except when you venture beyond Hravtska=Croatia or HUngary further on the Balkans.

Ticket+ connected ID and ID to show at outer border as such are completely separate.

Thanks very much for the replies (bl00dy Brexit!). I will be venturing out of the Schengen zone - probably starting in Turkey. 
Cheers

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

For Turkiye I think you need a visa, but that I guess you are aware of. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

But once in the Schengen combined zone-which comprises most of the countries ´on the continent´ you get no further stamps in passpt and I doubt if you even get one as a Brexi Brit-its all electronic in these modern times. So there is also no need to show passpt. Except when you venture beyond Hravtska=Croatia or HUngary further on the Balkans.

Ticket+ connected ID and ID to show at outer border as such are completely separate.

Just to be clear, as we Brits enter and leave Schengen we now get our passports stamped every time by the arriving and departing border officers, but not as we move within Schengen. Hopefully this will stop sometime in the future, but certainly no sign for most of 2023. (ETIAS maybe when it arrives).