Solved

Is it possible to pause a trip?

Is it possible to interrupt an Interrail trip? So if I buy a 2-month ticket, then travel, say, 3 weeks and then come home again, work for 2 weeks and then travel a few days again?

icon

Best answer by Angelo 9 May 2022, 22:46

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Sure, but you are allowed to use the Interrail pass only on 2 day in your home country. This means, when you return home, after this 2 included days you have to pay from the border a ticket. 

I have the same idea because of a family problem. How does it actually work?

kind regards 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

There is no rule saying that you need to travel all days when your pass is valid. If you have a 2 month pass that is active from say 6th of August to 5th of October, you could travel for 3 weeks in August, then go home and work some weeks and then travel for some weeks again until the 5th of October. 

The only thing you need to consider is the outbound/inbound rule which only allows you to use 2 of your travel days in your country of residence. 

This means that for all but 2 travel days in your home country you need to purchase normal tickets to the border. 

kind regards 

What do you mean by “How does it actually work?”. You can’t use your interrail ticket and you need to buy a ticket when travelling inside Germany. That’s all. Nothing else to consider.

(As long as you still have one of your inbound- / outbound days, it’s surely possible to use them - but remember, you have just two days in Germany.)

My mobile pass is valid from the 13.4-12.7. I need an interruption for 3 weeks so the pass is valid longer than till the 12.7.. I still have all in and outbound connections.

That's not possible.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

My mobile pass is valid from the 13.4-12.7. I need an interruption for 3 weeks so the pass is valid longer than till the 12.7.. I still have all in and outbound connections.

That is not possible. The validity of the pass will end on the 12th of July no matter how much you use the pass.