Solved

Is the German Rail Pass valid for the RJ from Trento to Munich?

• 21 April 2024
  • 3 replies

I want to take an RJ train from Trento at 9:59 to Munich. On the German Rail Pass brochure it's written that from Italy to Germany it covers only EC trains. But the RJ and the EC have the same stops and take the same time, the only difference is that the first EC is at 13:59, which is too late for me. Can I use the German Rail Pass for the RJ as well?

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 21 April 2024, 14:35

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I'm 99% sure it is valid.

The RJ you mention was running as EC until 2 weeks ago. Now there are newer carriages and they changed the denomination.

Per my understanding the same rules remain. Although it would be a good idea to update the Interrail/Eurail websites about this...

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Yes RJ have the same rules like EC on the line between Trento and Munich. They run till october 4 trains with RJ and the rest with old EC cars.

Info to Eurail Team:

@Sarah W

But now there would be good to have an update, if ICE services from Innsbruck to Munich and more important RJ services on weekends from Munich to Innsbruck-Feldkirch are included or not. 

Some DB-ÖBB colab services that run now as RJ start in Innsbruck to Munich in the morning and evening are included. But now could be problematic, because some other trains that run as RJ on part of the route are not part of the DB-ÖBB Brenner Trains.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

But now there would be good to have an update, if ICE services from Innsbruck to Munich and more important RJ services on weekends from Munich to Innsbruck-Feldkirch are included or not. 

Some DB-ÖBB colab services that run now as RJ start in Innsbruck to Munich in the morning and evening are included. But now could be problematic, because some other trains that run as RJ on part of the route are not part of the DB-ÖBB Brenner Trains.

Hi @Angelo thank you for the information! I'll report this case to clarify these types of trains for German Rail Pass