Solved

Is the Paris Metro included in a Global Pass

• 17 September 2022
  • 5 replies

Hello, I’d like to ask, I’d like to buy a global pass from Germany to France Paris, can I also use the Metro or RER transportation?

icon

Best answer by Angelo 17 September 2022, 08:55

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi, no not possible. 

If you take only this trip Germany-Paris maybe it is cheaper to buy normal train tickets. 

The TGV/ICE trains Germany-Paris needs a reservation that cost about 13-16€. Bookable online via Eurail.com or at train stations of DB or SNCF. Seats for Pass users are limited for international travels.

Oh! I did not know, thanks for the information 

but one way costs 171€ from Germany to Paris.

i think I will still buy the global pass combined with a day ticket in Paris.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

171€ sounds pretty cheap. Is that per person? Also compare prices between www.bahn.com and www.sncf-connect.com.

And if prices are really that high, you'll want to check first of pass holder seats are still available.

Badge +5

A reminder that Paris metro tickets can be bought from the bar of TGV trains. This avoids queues at the machines at Gare de Lyon and Gare du Nord.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

A reminder that Paris metro tickets can be bought from the bar of TGV trains. This avoids queues at the machines at Gare de Lyon and Gare du Nord.

A useful tip thank you, just a week too late for me. 15 mins queue at G de Lyon on a 60 min transfer to G de Nord was stressful.