Solved

It says our outbound/inbound is used up, but we need it to get home

We Are from Germany and used the pass to visit Budapest. We want to go home tomorrow and already bought seat reservations and planned the trip. Now we want to activate the tickets for the train from Budapest to Berlin and from Berlin to our home. But we cannot do that as it says we used all our inbound/outbound which is not true because we are not even home yet. The inbound/outbound cannot be cancelled anymore because it says we used it in the past. We need one inbound in order to get to our home… can the old and incorrect one be cancelled because it was not an inbound? Currently, we are stranded in Budapest but we really need to go home..

icon

Best answer by seewulf 27 May 2022, 14:30

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I assume you take the nighttrain home from Budapest via Berlin ?

In that case there is still an error on the app as the system takes the travelday as inboundday that is used for the border crossing train and not the real day when you actually cross the border 😕 Things you could do is split the Journey Budapest - Berlin in two parts like Budapest - Wroclaw and Wroclaw - Berlin
or enter the Journey manually.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

How many days have you been travelling in Germany already? What do you mean that the old inbound not was an inbound?

It is only Customer Support who can help with this and you can reach them through this form.

https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new

Customer Support is currently overloaded with requests so you need to clearly state that you are currently travelling and that you need immediate help in order to continue your travel.

First of all, thank you for your answer! We are really desperate right now… the problem is (i think) we travelled from our home to munich because we had to change trains there to budapest. And all of that during the night and the next day… could that have been the problem? :( 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

First of all, thank you for your answer! We are really desperate right now… the problem is (i think) we travelled from our home to munich because we had to change trains there to budapest. And all of that during the night and the next day… could that have been the problem? :( 

Did you change trains in Munich the same day or the day after that you left your home?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

If you changed in munich after midnight yes that could cause the problem :/
In that case you took already both homecountry journey´s

Yes we did… do you know if there‘s any chance to cancel one of the already used inbound/outbounds? Otherwise, i guess we‘ll just have to buy a new ticket which will be quite expensive as we have to leave tomorrow 😬😫

but thank you all so much for your help!!! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Yes we did… do you know if there‘s any chance to cancel one of the already used inbound/outbounds? Otherwise, i guess we‘ll just have to buy a new ticket which will be quite expensive as we have to leave tomorrow 😬😫

but thank you all so much for your help!!! 

Then there i guess there is no way to get them back :/
Traveldays in the past cant be canceled :/ (only by customer service in case of App failure)

You can use your Railpass till the German Border you then need from there a onward ticket.