Solved

italy

• 14 October 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi, 

im looking at doing 7 days in Italy next year, visiting 5 different places, how often can I board the trains? 

so I want to go from Florence to Pisa (for max 2 hours) then head towards Bologna for the night? 

is that possible? Can I board multiple trains per day in different locations? I was looking at getting the 5 days in one month. 

icon

Best answer by Al_G 14 October 2022, 14:13

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Yes, you can take as many trains as you like, local and regional need not be pre-booked but in Italy all InterCity and High speed Frecce..) need to be booked in advance, the charge is €3 for IC and €10 for Frecce trains.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

IF your planned visits are all to the north in places fairly close by a pass might not pay off-local tickets for Regionale are still quiet cheap there. BUt IF a lot of trips on those IC or Frecce (hispeed) is wanted, the pass will be better value, even with the needed RES for all trips

I am now on a 3-month pass and was in KIT last week-and on 1 day used as much as 6 treni-no prob at all.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Visiting many places in 7 days, travelling on 5 days will be a lot of travelling and limited time in each stop. Pisa for example can easily need 4 to 5 hours to get from station to the tower and really appreciate the whole area. It is 20 to 30 minutes walk each way.

Any of the top 5 will easily take a full day to even begin to appreciate (Rome, Venice, Florence, Milan and Bologna). They are all magnificent but spread out between sights.

Covering all 5 in 7 days is though easily doable with about 3 to 5 hours travel a day, mostly by direct trains.