Solved

Italy pass

• 22 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello, 

I am travelling to Italy for 10 days. I am a Student in Germany but an Indian Passport holder. Which pass is legal for me? I am not sure if i am considered EU resident or not? 
Also, does the pass also include the public transport in various cities i visit ? I am planning to buy a Italy pass and access the trains for one city to another and use public transport within the cities. Please suggest what is the best to buy for such a thing. Thank you in advance. :D

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 22 July 2023, 17:31

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

With an Indian passport, you can choose between Interrail and Eurail. The price is the same but Eurail does not have a limitation on only 2 travel days in Germany for you so that's usually the better option. The EU has nothing to do with Interrail.

Only trains are included in the pass. That means most suburban trains (S-Bahn in Germany for example), but never metro or bus, and trams very seldomly (a few lines in Basel for example that used to be railways in the past). In Italy no other public transport is included.

How are you going to Italy? If that's by train, then you'll need a global pass, since the Italy pass is only valid in Italy.

I am actually planning to take the pass from Milan so basically i will select one country pass. I already have tickets from Germany to Milan. So I am planning to get a 10 day One country pass i.e. Italy. My confusion is majorly which to be bought because i am a student in germany and they say EU resident but somewhere i also read they only include EU passport holder so i will be basically Indian passport holder. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

In that case either would work.

If you have an official German photo ID card then Interrail with details of that card attached, otherwise Eurail with your Indian passport number attached.