Solved

Last activation date vs start date

Hi, I have an Interrail mobile pass for 7 days within one month.  The last activation date is 31 August 2022 but I am not able to start my first journey until 20 September 2022.  I then plan to complete all 7 days of travel by 30 September 2022.  Is this permitted? Or do I have to take my first journey on the date that I activate the pass (ie travel on 31 August 2022?).

Any advice gratefully received.

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 8 August 2022, 18:41

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The only problem with this is that the first day of the validity period is automatically made a travel day even if you don't enter a journey on that day. I don't know how/if you can prevent that from happening. And you don't want the 31st of August to be a travel day. 

You need to ask that question to Customer Support. You can use this form.

https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

It may also be worth checking whether the last day you can use it is the 29 or 30 Sep.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

It may also be worth checking whether the last day you can use it is the 29 or 30 Sep.

If the pass is activated with the 31st of August as start date, then the validity will be from 31/8 to 30/9.

Hi, thanks AnnaB and Yorkie. I think its ok if the validity period starts on 31 August to runs to 30 September, as we will be travelling from about 20th September to 30th September.  I just wanted to confirm if the system will allow me to activate the pass on 31 August but not actually have a travel day until a few weeks later.  Do you think this will be allowed? (I did put a request into Customer Support 10 days ago, but have had no reply.)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The problem as the app works right now is that it automatically will make the 31st of August a travel day. The remaining 6 travel days can be used when you like, at the latest on the 30th of September. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Claudi. Can you please check if it is possible to start the validity period without making the start date a travel day? Is it possible to remove the travel day that is automatically created?

According to Jody there should be an update to the app so that the start date and the first travel day should be separated, but I don't know when that will be implemented. 

Hi, I have an Interrail mobile pass for 7 days within one month.  The last activation date is 31 August 2022 but I am not able to start my first journey until 20 September 2022.  I then plan to complete all 7 days of travel by 30 September 2022.  Is this permitted? Or do I have to take my first journey on the date that I activate the pass (ie travel on 31 August 2022?).

Any advice gratefully received.

I have a similar question so would be interested whether you heard back from customer services.  I purchased a 2 month interrail pass on 11th May 2022 so I need to activate it no later than the 11th April 2023. My plan is to activate the pass on the 10th April 2023 and set a first day of travel to be the 20th April 2023. My current understanding is that the 2 month duration will start on the 11th April (instead of the 20th April first travel day) and my last day of usage will be the 11th June 2023. I am trying to find out if it is possible to set a first travel day which occurs after the 11 months from purchase? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

It is not possible to set a start date that is later than 11 months after the purchase date.

You must activate your pass not later than the 11th of April 2023 and the start date of the validity can't be later than the 11th of April 2023. You can't fool the system. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If the start date of the validity is the 11th of April, then the validity will end on the 10th of June. 

If the start date of the validity is the 11th of April, then the validity will end on the 10th of June. 

ok thanks that is clear now. If my activation and start date is 11th April 2023, then can I still set my first day of travel to be on the 20th April 2023?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Asked and answered on the other thread, there is no need to run 2 concurrent conversations on the same topic.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Edit: -- answered in other topic, ignore.--

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Yes, but you’ll need to sacrifice a travel day on 10th of april.

@BrendanDB  Not with a continous pass. Then all days are travel days.

For flexi passes you have the possibility to delete the travel day that is automatically created and keep the pass active so you can have a valid flexi pass without travel days. It is just a bit tricky to fix.