Solved

miss train due to airport strike in Heathrow

• 9 July 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Hi ,

Today, I arrived in Heathrow Airport in London but there is strike at the airport. I arrive at 430pm but only able to exit customs at 8pm. I rush to King's Cross Station to catch up the 9pm scheduled train to Newcastle. but unfortunately the train is left , because we are late.

Our actual schedule for the eurail pass:

1.My daughters bought tickets schedule at 9am from Newcastle to London in order to pick us up to Newcastle.

2. My wife and I have booked the train tickets schedule at 9pm to Newcastle. But due to Airport strike, we are unable to catch up the train on time. Therefore, I try to cancel the pass, but I can't.

Now 4 of us are staying overnight at London St Pancreas station due to the unforseen incident. 

I would like to claim for the tickets. Any advice would be great.

Thank you. Looking forward to your reply.

Kim Loong

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 9 July 2023, 01:33

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If you're now missing a travel day, then please contact customer service here:

https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new

This is one of the reasons you should never activate anything (pass, travel days) in advance. You can't cancel activation after validity has started.

Badge +1

Hi thanks for the links  sent, the pic replied  and helping me to redeem the travel days. I m returning them mail later as yesterday whole day I am travelling to North UK.

Tq

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

AFAIK if you have problems with a plane which is not booked together with your train ticket (e.g. AIRRAIL), then you don’t have any customer rights because that are two different transport contracts… (but still you might try, just wouldn’t have too big hopes)

Badge +1

@rvdborgt thanks for your link share , eurail.com act fast and add back the travel day to our account.