Solved

Missing ICE - TGV connecion

• 30 December 2023
  • 2 replies

Hello,

i have a the France Germay Pass and plan to travel on 1st of January from Cologne to Montpellier via

1. ICE: Cologne - Mannheim 11:55 - 13:23
  1. TGV: Mannheim - Paris Est 13:42 - 16:52
  1. TGV: Paris Gare de Lyon - Montpellier St Roch 17:42 - 21:11

I purchased seat reservations for the 2 TGVs.

The transfer time in Mannheim is only 19 minutes. My question is: Do I have the right to take the next TGVs without additional costs if I would miss the TGV in Mannheim?

Thanks alot!

icon

Best answer by Hektor 30 December 2023, 21:43

View original

2 replies

Du brauchst dann eine neue Reservierung. Die gibt es kostenlos am Schalter (wenn es noch freie Plätze gibt). Aber in Mannheim nur für den grenzüberschreitenden Zug.

Ich würde bei der Performance der DB und angesichts der Tatsache, dass der ICE um 11.55 Uhr von Hamburg kommt ja eher früher fahren (der 10.55 Uhr fängt in Köln an)...

Denn die Zeit muss zum Umbuchen (2x) langen, es muss noch freie Plätze geben und bis Montpellier gibt's ja kaum noch Möglichkeiten, wenn man am gleichen Tag ankommen will. Wird de facto eher scheitern, wenn der Anschluss in Mannheim nicht klappt, würde ich mal vermuten… Zumindest stressig.

Aber die Fahrgastrechte bestehen natürlich grundsätzlich. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Yes you have the right to be placed on the next connection but you need a new reservation (from the DB Reisezentrum / Ticketoffice) as the DB ServicePoint cant book these. Next problem is that DB can book the 1st TGV and not the second one means you should look on the 1st TGV for the French staff (usually already onboard but from Strasbourg you have for sure French Staff members onboard) as they might then give you the French “HOTNAP” Stamp