Skip to main content

Hi,

I have bought the eurail mobile global pass for my Europe tour. I have downloaded the rail planner app. 

I am a bit confused about the process of creating a ticket. The way I understand it is that first you enter the pass in to the app and then connect a trip to the pass. A trip is made out of journeys which are individual train rides.

So do you have to create all your journeys  before you connect the trip to the pass or you can keep on adding journeys later?

I understand that the app will create a barcode with the journeys for the day. What happens if I want to change my plans and want to catch another train on the same day? Or if I miss a connection and have to catch a later train? Do I have to create a new ticket? How do I do that?

I am travelling to Zermatt and am going to catch the Glazier express on the 27 th of August. I have reserved a seat but in the app how do I find the Glazier express train? 

Thank You very much, in advance,

Ananda

Hello @Ananda 

You can add and delete journeys later.

To obtain a ticket, you must first activate the pass and define the first date of validity. After this, you can also activate every journey separately. For example, you can define your journey in the Glacier Express on on the 27th of August in advance, but activate it only the day of departure before boarding the train. After this, you can show the ticket and, if you have a flexi pass, the day is used.

You can later inactivate the journey and choose another one, but the day remains used.

To find the Glacier Express, search for example  “St. Moritz - Zermatt”, click on “Filters” and select “Direct trains”. Don’t forget to inactivate this option if you search later another connection with changes.

@Ananda 

An example after the activation of the pass, you can see that the journey Edinburgh - London is currently defined, but not activated:

Thank you very much Danhiel