Solved

Mobile pass Expired????

Userlevel 1
Badge

On our mobile pass, stands EXPired. We planned our trip for this tuesday! What to do? We could use it up to the end of  May! All the trips stands in the schedule.

icon

Best answer by Bianca Linders 17 April 2023, 15:40

View original

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Where does it say expired? Do you have a screenshot?

What is the validity period in My Pass?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Did you buy the 50% sale last May or during the 20% sale more recently?

Userlevel 1
Badge

I bought it in the 50% sale in May the 9th. We booked all the trips and reservations ( and hotels) in March. There was no sign that the app would be expired on those days.

We saw the QR codes for the trains. The first trip would be tomorrow. 

I got a mail from Eurail they will seach for a solution. We are waiting for the answer...

Because it's a promo card and therefore the rules are different, I read, I don't know if i get a payback. 

I hope we can travell  up to the 9th of May now. 

If else we have to buy  a new pass today?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I bought it in the 50% sale in May the 9th. We booked all the trips and reservations ( and hotels) in March. There was no sign that the app would be expired on those days.

We saw the QR codes for the trains. The first trip would be tomorrow.

So you did activate your pass on 9 April or earlier?

Did you let customer service know you will start travelling tomorrow? (They need a concrete date for correct prioritisation.)

However, my original questions are still unanswered:

1. Where does it say expired? Do you have a screenshot?
  2. What is the validity period in My Pass?
Userlevel 1
Badge

Yes, I send a screenshot of our planned trips in the app. The know we want to leave tomorow

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

And what period is mentioned in the previous screen? it should say something like:

FirstName LastName

Interrail Global Pass

Date1-Date2

"Date1-Date2” should be the validity period.

Badge

Same problem here and get also no support from interrail. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Nee er is geen vorig scherm meer. There is no previous screen. Only our planned trip you can see in the app.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Nee er is geen vorig scherm meer. There is no previous screen. Only our planned trip you can see in the app.

Als je vanuit het startscherm naar My Pass gaat, dan krijg je eerst een overzicht van alle passen die je hebt gekocht. Waarschijnlijk staat er bij jou maar 1. In dat overzicht wordt normaliter ook de geldigheidsperiode aangegeven. Zoals hier bv.:

Userlevel 1
Badge

Krijg niets te zien, alleen expired pass. 

Wil nu eigenlijk alleen weten of we  voor zo'n ongebruikte pas , ons geld terug kunnen krijgen. Het was een aanbieding en daar gelden andere regels voor? Denk dat we  vandaag een nieuwe pas moeten kopen, als we morgen toch willen reizen. 

De treinen zijn gereserveerd. De hotels te laat om te annuleren. 😥

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Bianca Linders Did you activate your pass with a start date of the 9th of April or earlier?

Userlevel 1
Badge

No later. Our start date is 18 april. 

I think we have lost our money 😢. I think our last starting date had to be 8 of April...

Userlevel 1
Badge

It's a pity that there's no link in the app, that when we planned the trains in March, that the pass would be expired at that moment 😢.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

No later. Our start date is 18 april. 

I think we have lost our money 😢. I think our last starting date had to be 8 of April...

You should have activated the pass no later than the 9th of April with a start date no later than the 9th of April. The information from Interrail is very clear that a mobile pass must be activated at the latest 11 months after purchase. So unfortunately there is nothing you can do but to buy  a new pass if you want to travel.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

But you wrote you saw QR codes for the trains. In the app, that is only possible after activation, so I wonder what happened:

1. Where did you see the QR codes?
  2. If that was in the app, on what date did you generate the first QR code?
  3. What did you do with the pass after that?
Userlevel 1
Badge

The problem has been solved. Eurail made an offer, because of the exeptional circumstances (death of my brother). We can travel tomorow. We are very gratefull.