Mobile pass in Spain and France

• 31 March 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi fellow travellers! 

I’m going to Spain and France soon with a Mobiles Pass and I’m interested to hear if you had a good experience. Did it work for you? I’ve only used paper until now so I want to make sure Mobile works in those countries.

I know paper reservations are needed, but the pass itself - did you find that it was widely accepted on trains and ticket offices? Just worried staff may not be familiar with mobile yet.

Thanks!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The mobile pass is valid everywhere where the paper pass is valid. There is no difference.

Certainly on main lines, staff will have seen mobile passes, since the release of the global mobile pass in the autumn of 2020.

Normally, they will scan the barcode that is generated, but if they can't, then all information is also available below the barcode in readable form.

The mobile pass is valid everywhere where the paper pass is valid. There is no difference.

Certainly on main lines, staff will have seen mobile passes, since the release of the global mobile pass in the autumn of 2020.

Normally, they will scan the barcode that is generated, but if they can't, then all information is also available below the barcode in readable form.

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

The reported probs with the app-mobile , judging reading this site for some 3 - 4 monthes now by me, seem mostly to be with specific technical issues.

About any west-eur railways is for many, many years very well used to ´tickets on the fone´ and in some areas these even represent more as 60-70% of all pax nowadays.

Some urban systems-mostly Scandinavia-have even completely gone over to only tickets on fone-cash sales are no more.