Solved

Mobile pass vs paper pass

• 28 June 2022
  • 9 replies

The Global pass Mobile version is easy to use every day ? and is the same that paper versión?

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 6 July 2022, 12:21

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Here's a short comparison between paper and mobile passes:

https://www.eurail.com/en/eurail-passes/eurail-mobile-pass/mobile-vs-paper

They have the same validity.

I have my print pass but in the app not alow me to do my Movil pass

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You can't have a paper pass as a mobile pass.

Can you please explain in more detail what you want to do?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Both need some getting used to-esp for those from over the ocean who never use trenes.

The mobile app does seem to give many more probs, just seeing the nr of probs and complaints daily passing by on this forum. Though quite a lot seem to relate to not being used on how to use trenes anyway-but that will also apply to you.

But many more probs-and I assume latinoś will first&foremost be interested in ESpana/RENFE are with the REServaciones.

Hi 

I have this but I would like to have it in my phone as a Movil Pass

Userlevel 1
Badge

I had to get a new phone because the pass didn't load onto my original phone although all requirements were met. So much for the mobile version, I contacted customer service because of it and never got a reaction. Still cant  believe this.

Having said that, the mobile version is quite easy to use, even though sometimes it wanted me to be online to load the tiket.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi 

I have this but I would like to have it in my phone as a Movil Pass

You can still use the Rail Planner app without adding a pass if you only want to check out timetables, etc. You can add your paper pass in your account using the PCN to make reservations online. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You can't have the paper pass as a Mobile pass. And you should not write on your pass until just before boarding the train. You have already used the 1/7 and the 8th of any month as traveldays so you only have 5 travel days left.

You are not allowed to change anything that you have written on the pass. If you do that your pass will be invalid.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I had to get a new phone because the pass didn't load onto my original phone although all requirements were met. So much for the mobile version, I contacted customer service because of it and never got a reaction. Still cant  believe this.

Having said that, the mobile version is quite easy to use, even though sometimes it wanted me to be online to load the tiket.

@Veronika1278 

Do you still need help with your mobile pass?