Mobile ticket qr

• 15 November 2021
  • 5 replies

I’m on my first day travelling (yay) and so far everything has worked out really good. But on this train, from Gothenburg to Copenhagen the conductor scanned the qr code and said that something went wrong. I guess nothing showed up in his scanner. Luckily, he looked at the ticket and approved it. But, it does not feel safe knowing that the conductor might not be able to scan my ticket right. What could be wrong? It worked on the first train I took today.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Most probably that's a problem with the conductor's equipement or their software used. But he knew the procedure and just looked at your screen, where all data from the QR code are available in readable format.

It would be interesting to know if this happens more often when using that same train company (Öresundståg?).

Yes hopefully the conductors around Europe are quite familiar to the mobile pass by now. And I didn’t know that the qr code just provides the same information that is texted in the ticket. That’s good to know.

Yes it was on a Öresundståg this occurred! There were no problems on the SJ train.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Yes hopefully the conductors around Europe are quite familiar to the mobile pass by now. And I didn’t know that the qr code just provides the same information that is texted in the ticket. That’s good to know.

Yes it was on a Öresundståg this occurred! There were no problems on the SJ train.

It still take some time :/  but works more and more (there are even few conductors that never heared of Interrail and Eurail itself :D )

There are even railcompanies that still use the old Nighttrain rule from before 2019 and not the new day of depature rule :D

Required Q R barcode  for ticket I don’t have and I want to travel today 

Shaikha Alzaabi Pass number: 4QMD22
Lateefa Alzaabi Pass number: NXZ8JM
Amna Alzaabi Pass number: X9RCB1

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Required Q R barcode  for ticket I don’t have and I want to travel today 

Shaikha Alzaabi Pass number: 4QMD22
Lateefa Alzaabi Pass number: NXZ8JM
Amna Alzaabi Pass number: X9RCB1

@Shaikha Alzaabi 

Please remove the personal information above  and enter a new topic with your question.

This is a Community with travellers helping each other. If you need help from Customer Support, please use this form.

https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new

Please let Customer Support know what date your travel will start so that they can prioritise your request correctly