Solved

Move an active pass to another device

• 31 January 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Looking at my active pass, I see the above menu option enabling me to move my pass to another device. Is this new?

Can I now switch devices myself without issues, even if the pass is active? Or is this a bug?

The FAQ still very clearly states this is not possible. 

Not that I need to do so, but I'm confused by the option.

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 4 February 2023, 00:01

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Maybe this is a new feature. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

AFAIK the plan was indeed to make this possible. I also noticed this menu option in My Pass but I'm a bit hesitant to try it. It would be great if this is now possible without needing customer support.

It would also be announced in the release notes but these are still quite nondescript: a more specific description than "we've fixed some bugs” and "we've made some improvements” is rare. IIRC Nanja wrote this would be improved but I guess that didn’t get to the development team before she left Eurail :/

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The FAQ about moving a pass when you loose or break your phone has been changed:

https://www.interrail.eu/en/interrail-passes/interrail-mobile-pass/mobile-pass-faq/what-should-i-do-if-i-lose-my-phone

It seems you can now move an active pass yourself: "Open the app on your new device and go to My Pass to add your Pass using your last name and Pass number from the order confirmation email. When asked, tap 'Move Pass' and follow the steps to have your Pass moved to the new device.”

@Jody Changes like this should really be mentioned in the release notes.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Interesting. I would have thought this would make abuse a bit easier (and I thought that was the reason why up to now customer service intervention was necessary), but this certainly also avoids quite some stress in case of broken/stolen/empty phones and hassle for customer services. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@rvdborgt thanks for tagging me. Ill forward it to the right colleagues to give the improvements of the release notes some attention again

So, you can move an active pass to another device?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Yes, but you can only do it once.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Yes, but you can only do it once.

I haven't seen that documented anywhere. Did someone find that out themselves?