Solved

Mt Rigi with Euroglobal pass

Badge

Hi ,

We took Eurorail Global pass . Can someone guide us to cover all major attractions in Switzerland using pass ?

if I want to visit Mt Rigi or Pilatus what are the trains I should book on travel planner . 

we booked 6N in Lucerne . 

thank you 

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 6 May 2023, 11:14

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Here you go : https://www.eurail.com/en/get-inspired/top-destinations/switzerland-train/swiss-railway-companies-discounted

50% discount for Rigi or Pilatus

You do not book anything on Rail Planner, you buy through the railway companies themselves. Can be done online but also at the station, tickets cost the same and cannot sell out

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Seat reservation for trains in Switzerland is a waste of money. You only need them if you want to travel with the trains/coaches with mandatory reservation on the tourist trains on the scenic routes. However, on these routes, you better use the reservation free coaches or reservation free regional trains. 

Badge

Thank you @AnnaB @thibcabe 

Badge

If I want to go to Mt Rigi and Pilatus,

which regional train I need to take ? I meant can you guide station names ? 

we are staying in Lucerne for 6N . So can you tell me which station will be near to those attractions ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I recommend you to download the app of SBB (Swiss Railway) and use that for finding your connections. 

There are different ways to reach the Rigi Kulm.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If you only will be travelling in Switzerland, a Swiss Travel Pass, will most likely be better value than a Eurail global pass.

Do you have children travelling with you? With a Swiss Travel Pass, children under 16 travel for free.

Hi ,

We took Eurorail Global pass . Can someone guide us to cover all major attractions in Switzerland using eat sleep sniff pass ?

if I want to visit Mt Rigi or Pilatus what are the trains I should book on travel planner . 

we booked 6N in Lucerne . 

thank you 

Certainly, with your Eurail Global Pass, you can conveniently explore the major attractions in Switzerland from Lucerne. Begin by exploring the beautiful city of Lucerne itself, including its iconic Chapel Bridge, the Lion Monument, and the charming Old Town. To visit Mt. Rigi, take a train from Lucerne to Vitznau and then board the cogwheel train that take you to the summit, where your can enjoy breathtaking views. 
Thanks and Regards

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@DamonSantino There are no trains to Vitznau

Either train to Arth-Goldau (covered) + cogwheel train to Rigi (50% discount) OR boat to Vitznau and cogwheel train to Rigi (all 50% discount)

Badge

is it better to plan from Lucerne or weggis ? can i take boat from weggies to Vitznau ?is it included in eurorail pass?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I've already answered all your questions.

There is a boat between Weggis and Vitznau (50% discount) or a bus (not included)

You plan from wherever you want or wherever your accomodation is, use the SBB app

Badge

Thank you. should I use my travel days in order to have boat rides ? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

No, you don't need to use a pass day for discounts. Same for Vitznau - Rigi Kulm cogwheel train