Solved

Multi Country Train Pass?

Hello! I will be traveling to England and Paris over this upcoming May. My question is, when I buy a Eurail Pass, 4 days within 1 month pass for example, am I able to use that pass in England and France (including using the high-speed train from London to Paris)? Plan is to fly into London, take a train to York from London, go from York to Paris (connecting through London), and then Paris to Nice. 

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 7 March 2023, 06:52

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

That is all possible. Do check availability on Eurostar before you buy your pass, e.g. here:

https://www.b-europe.com/EN/Booking/Pass#TravelWish

Great! When I get a Eurail pass, is that a one time fee that includes all the trains? Or do I need to book the high speed train separately from the pass?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Seat reservations are not included in the pass, so always count a surplus for the most high speed trains (Mainly TGV (=France), AVE (=Spain), Frecce (=Italy), Thalys and Eurostar have relatively high seat reservation cost).

Seat reservations in the UK for domestic trains, are for Free, and can be booked at the LNER-website (for your connection London-York)

Best compare ordinary prices with the cost of a pass+seat reservations. In ordinary TGV and Eurostar tickets, the seat reservation is already included.

All relevant information about seat reservation, can be found here: