Hi there - I’ve got a number of questions about the 3 month pass that’s currently on promotion - I’ve asked customer support a couple of days ago and haven’t had any response and can’t seem to find exact answers to a lot of the below - hope the community can help answer some of these questions!
Pls feel free to answer individual questions if easier - however I’ll list them all in one place.
Many thanks in advance!
1. As a family of 2 adults and 2 children under 12 based in U.K. - if we bought a 3 month continuous pass on the promotion ( ie. for the equivalent of 1 full price Adult ticket) - does this mean we can travel on the Eurostar as many times as we like during the 3months? And as long as there are available tickets on the Eurostar website - does that mean tickets are available for the Global pass too (or are there restricted numbers of tickets like frequent flyer tickets on planes)
eg. we could do Lon-Paris, Lon-Amsterdam, Lon Brussels on 3 consecutive weekends?
2. Does the reservation fee of 30eur for the Eurostar apply for each leg of the trip eg. 60Eur for Lon Paris return?
and does it also apply to the free child tickets or are they exempt?
3. Does the interail pass mean that as long as there are tickets available on the Eurostar regardless of the price - we will be able to book them?
4. Does the 3mth interrail pass cover the journey on London buses, tube and overground trains to get to the Eurostar? (and on the return leg) - it says that National rail and Heathrow/Gatwick express is included
5. Does the interrail pass for us as a family allow us to travel to Edinburgh? or is that considered domestic travel?
6. If we bought the first class option for the family - is it valid for all trains with first class travel in Europe? does this also apply to Gatwick express and heathrow express first class?
7. Can we fly out of London and land in Sweden and use the interail to travel on an trains/arlanda express/ while in Stockholm or Sweden and then fly back out to London during the 3 month period?
8. Can we use the pass for ski season trains - ie if we take the fri night train out from London to Les Arcs - and return Sunday night every weekend - would we be able to do that for the duration of the pass?
9. Does it matter if we fly out of London and land in any European city and then use the pass for local travel? eg fly to Barcelona - use the pass, train to Valencia, fly to Lisbon, train in Portugal and fly back to London.
10. Can we buy more than one 3month pass for the family - eg. if we bought 2 passes to use over 6months?
11. If my brother and partner, and mother, who reside in HK wanted to use the promotion - will they have to buy a Eurall pass to use the same promotion?
12. Separate note - If my cousin who is currently in Stockholm purchased a 3mth interail pass and came to London to stay with us during that time - does it allow her to use the gatwick express/heathrow express but also all of Tube, Overground, national rail and buses/ferries while she is in London and U.K.? ie she wouldn’t need to buy an oyster card/travel card for the tube and could travel to Bath or York etc?