Solved

Multiple travels in and out of my country

• 18 July 2022
  • 9 replies

Hey,

In september and october i’ll be traveling around europe with an global pass of 2 months but I have tot split these travels into 5 parts because I have to be at home every 2 weeks. Is this possible with this card. I have another card for inside the netherlands but can i travel into the netherlands with the glabal pass

Hope you can help

Greets

icon

Best answer by MartinM 18 July 2022, 13:48

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

If you travel via Germany you can split at a "Grenztarifpunkt". You have to add manually this "station". At IC Berlin your NS card should work from Bad Bendheim the border station in Germany. split there from NS to Interrail.

With Thalys/Eurostar you have to pay till the station you exit the train.

With IC Brussel I think something similar to Germany

So if is go from londen to rotterdam 2 times that should be possible on the global pass and than check in with my ov card in the netherlands for the rest?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I remember reading something about a special fare for Thalys when you have a national ticket for part of the route. I might be wrong though. @rvdborgt Is there a special fare on Thalys if you have a NS card?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I remember reading something about a special fare for Thalys when you have a national ticket for part of the route. I might be wrong though. @rvdborgt Is there a special fare on Thalys if you have a NS card?

Thalys and Eurostar do not have fares for passengers with passes for only part of the route. You need to have a valid pass for the complete route you are using Thalys or Eurostar. The mobile pass won't let you add the journeys into the Netherlands after having used both your inbound/outbound days.

You can use the hourly intercity though and but a separate ticket from the border tariff point (use "Vrij reizen op traject in België” on the NSI website), Hazeldonk(gr), or use an NS network card from there. You should not check in or check out with your chipcard, not even for domestic trains. Depending on which subscription you have, that can even cost extra money and you don't want that.

I remember reading something about a special fare for Thalys when you have a national ticket for part of the route. I might be wrong though. @rvdborgt Is there a special fare on Thalys if you have a NS card?

Thalys and Eurostar do not have fares for passengers with passes for only part of the route. You need to have a valid pass for the complete route you are using Thalys or Eurostar. The mobile pass won't let you add the journeys into the Netherlands after having used both your inbound/outbound days.

You can use the hourly intercity though and but a separate ticket from the border tariff point (use "Vrij reizen op traject in België” on the NSI website), Hazeldonk(gr), or use an NS network card from there. You should not check in or check out with your chipcard, not even for domestic trains. Depending on which subscription you have, that can even cost extra money and you don't want that.

Okay so if i understand it right this should be possible?

travel 1:
venlo - milano
verona - venlo

travel 2:
arnhem - frankfurt
frankfurt - arnhem

travel 3:

arnhem - prague

budapest - arnhem

travel 4 outbound inbound:
rotterdam - london
london - rotterdam

travel 5

roosendaal GR. (belgium) - paris

paris - roosendaal GR. (belgium)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Nee lieffie-die grenspunten heten dus anders en hebben allemaal GRENS ergens erbij. Als je het zo doet met die namen dan blokkeert de pas na 2 dagies hier in NL. rian is de expert daarvoor en ergens staat een lage lijst met hoe het precies heet.

Voor €* is het zinloos, die biedt geen voordeeltarief naar die punten aan. Dito voor de direkt Thalys naar P-plus dat de toeslagen daarvoor zeer hoog zijn.

Zelf doe ik dit zeer regelmatig (met bvb weekend vrij of Dalvrij voor NL) , met een paper pass gaat dat stukken makkelijker.

Venlo-grens heet bvb Kaldenkirchen Grenze.

Nee lieffie-die grenspunten heten dus anders en hebben allemaal GRENS ergens erbij. Als je het zo doet met die namen dan blokkeert de pas na 2 dagies hier in NL. rian is de expert daarvoor en ergens staat een lage lijst met hoe het precies heet.

Voor €* is het zinloos, die biedt geen voordeeltarief naar die punten aan. Dito voor de direkt Thalys naar P-plus dat de toeslagen daarvoor zeer hoog zijn.

Zelf doe ik dit zeer regelmatig (met bvb weekend vrij of Dalvrij voor NL) , met een paper pass gaat dat stukken makkelijker.

Venlo-grens heet bvb Kaldenkirchen Grenze.

Ja ik snap gewoon niet helemaal hoe het dan wel werkt en er is ook niet een hele duidelijke uitleg ergens te vinden of een contact punt

Wat raad je dan aan? een papieren pass?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

travel 1:
venlo - milano
verona - venlo

travel 2:
arnhem - frankfurt
frankfurt - arnhem

travel 3:

arnhem - prague

budapest - arnhem

rotterdam - london
london - rotterdam

travel 5

Travel 1 will already take both trips from the in-/outbound one… You need a ticket from Venlo to the borderstation in this case (shouldn’t be expensive, but not sure if NS is selling this).

Travel 2 would also need a ticket to/from the border. Travel 3 as well.
Travel 4 is OK
Travel 5 is OK.

And yeah, in general I recommend paper pass, just more convenient if you have to do “special” stuff.
For a basic Amsterdam-Berlin-Prague-Budapest-Roma-Paris Interrail trip a mobile pass is fine.

travel 1:
venlo - milano
verona - venlo

travel 2:
arnhem - frankfurt
frankfurt - arnhem

travel 3:

arnhem - prague

budapest - arnhem

rotterdam - london
london - rotterdam

travel 5

Travel 1 will already take both trips from the in-/outbound one… You need a ticket from Venlo to the borderstation in this case (shouldn’t be expensive, but not sure if NS is selling this).

Travel 2 would also need a ticket to/from the border. Travel 3 as well.
Travel 4 is OK
Travel 5 is OK.

And yeah, in general I recommend paper pass, just more convenient if you have to do “special” stuff.
For a basic Amsterdam-Berlin-Prague-Budapest-Roma-Paris Interrail trip a mobile pass is fine.

Ah okay than I get it Thanks!!