Solved

My child pass runs out after two months even though it is not activated. why?

• 23 June 2022
  • 8 replies

I bought one adult pass and one pass for my 11yr old which was free.  They are not activated however when I tried to make a booking for August it says that my son’s pass runs out on July 31st.  I don't know how to contact Interrail to reset his pass so that it shows the same information as mine.  (11 months to use the pass)

Any help appreciated.

Lynda

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 6 July 2022, 12:37

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

And when does son turn 12? Age at start of pass-use must be still 11. Assume its a kind of precaution against such cases.

He turns 12 on July 6 but I am activating the pass on 1st July and we will be travelling for 3 weeks

I still haven’t had answer to my question and need to resolve this issue so I can book my trips.  Does anyone know how to actually speak to interrail customer services to get an issue resolved?

my son’s pass seems to expire on 31-/7/22 even though it has not been activated yet.

He turns 12 on 6/7/22 and plan to activate on 1/7/22 as we are going on a trip in Berlin

now I can’t do any booking passed the 31/7/22 as it says his pass is not valid after this date

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The advice from the experienced travellers in the community is to use other ways to make reservations than the Interrail/Eurail website. Then the expiry date of your sons pass doesn't matter.

You can look at the guide in the link:

https://community.eurail.com/train-connections-reservations-47/how-to-get-reservations-105

If you, after having looked at the guide, have questions about how to make specific reservation, please give your travel details (departure date, time and route) preferably in a new post, and you will get advice.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

To contact Customer Support, use this form.

https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new

Customer Support is currently overloaded with requests so you will have to be patient to get help. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

my son’s pass seems to expire on 31-/7/22 even though it has not been activated yet.

He turns 12 on 6/7/22 and plan to activate on 1/7/22 as we are going on a trip in Berlin

1. What kind of passes have you bought? E.g. 1 month continuous, 5 days within a month, etc.
  2. Please verify on your phone whether the pass really has not been activated. You can deactivate before validity starts. It's a good idea not to activate until your first travel day.
  3. Booking reservations is possible in many more places than on the Interrail website (see the link AnnaB posted). And there, they don't know anything about your pass, such as its validity period, so you can always book.
  1. We bought a 2 month global pass with 10 days travel
  2. i have added a photo of my sons pass below  it says it was activated on June 1st (which it wasn’t) there are no journeys added to it   I don’t know how to reset his pass so that it is activated from July 2nd (same as mine will be)
  3. I don’t want to make reservations direct with train lines if his interrail pass won’t be valid when we travel  

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

It looks like you went through the 3 activation steps and chose the start date as 1 June. That will also activate the first travel day on that date.

There's also an activated 2nd travel day. If that's still in the future, then you can still cancel it: select it and then tap "Cancel travel day”.