Solved

My Pass shows my middle name wrong. Can I still make seat reservations?

Badge

Hey!

Just bought my pass, however, my middle name in the pass is incorrect :(. One letter is missing for some reason..

Does anybody know: Can I start making seat reservations via the interail and via travel.b-europe.com regardless?

Its kind of urgent, as I intend to start my travel pretty soon.

Bonus question: Do I have to put my ID /passport Number somehow into my mobile pass/ the app?

Thanks everybody..

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 18 May 2022, 18:18

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

To have your name corrected, contact customer service. Important: mention when you start travelling.

It's no problem to start booking reservations.

You have to enter your passport or ID number when you activate the pass. But there's no need to do that now. I usually only activate 1 day before the start date.

Badge

You have to enter your passport or ID number when you activate the pass. But there's no need to do that now. I usually only activate 1 day before the start date.

Thanks! However, the booking site does not seem to work currently.. The wheel keeps spinning then stops and I get no results.. -.-

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks! However, the booking site does not seem to work currently.. The wheel keeps spinning then stops and I get no results.. -.-

Then it looks like it is overloaded again. An hour ago it was still working fine. It will probably work again from late this evening.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

About names_ just read some article/statement about this and there it said that ONLY initials will be used-not full first names. I wonder how many people will even know about this. I have ever lasting probs with that as when I grew up-and at that time had to fill out all the forms etc. it was very UNusual in my country to give full first names (plus that mine are catholic and never used in normal contacts-we have nicknames) just initials and tha brings ever probs now when they want to see the =name from ID/passpt etc.

Badge

About names_ just read some article/statement about this and there it said that ONLY initials will be used-not full first names. I wonder how many people will even know about this. I have ever lasting probs with that as when I grew up-and at that time had to fill out all the forms etc. it was very UNusual in my country to give full first names (plus that mine are catholic and never used in normal contacts-we have nicknames) just initials and tha brings ever probs now when they want to see the =name from ID/passpt etc.

Yeah but who knows if that is true.. I’ll start to travel in 10 days and I highly doubt the support will change the name in time.. bummer

Badge

Is there anybody “official” to possibly give me any decisive advice/ directions? I already know that the e-mail support is real slow.

I need to start booking seats ASAP, otherwise I might have to return the Pass and look at other options.

I really do not want to risk getting thrown out off a train because literally one letter in my middle name is missing..

Badge

To have your name corrected, contact customer service. Important: mention when you start travelling.

Sorry to bother again, but I’m in a huge hurry, bad idea but I am unable to change the situation now.

Will my cover number change when they change the name in my pass? Because on train I will have to book via an external website that requires the cover number..

and: Can I still travel with the pass, even thouh my middle name misses on letter? My journey stars in 11 days and I have doubts the support will get to me in time. and I don’t want to waste money on reservations either, only to then find out I need to redo them, which would be too late by then anyway.

Hope anybody can help.. :(

thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Will my cover number change when they change the name in my pass? Because on train I will have to book via an external website that requires the cover number..

A pass cover number does not change. And that is not printed on the reservations anyway, except if you book an Italian train via Interrail, but that is cheaper via ÖBB who don't need any pass numbers.

Can I still travel with the pass, even thouh my middle name misses on letter? My journey stars in 11 days and I have doubts the support will get to me in time. and I don’t want to waste money on reservations either, only to then find out I need to redo them, which would be too late by then anyway.

You shouldn't worry too much about that. Hardly anyone looks at the name on a reservation. Only once in a while, a ticket inspector will want to see your passport but it's questionnable if one missing letter will be noticed and would be a problem.

Hey!

Just bought my pass, however, my middle name in the pass is incorrect :(. One letter is missing for some reason..

Does anybody know: Can I start making seat reservations via the interail and via travel.b-europe.com regardless?

Its kind of urgent, as I intend to start my travel pretty soon.

Bonus question: Do I have to put my ID /passport Number somehow into my mobile pass/ the app?

Thanks everybody..

I had same issue as the name was little lengthy  i was not able to write more characters, did it cause any problems with 1 character missing ? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Don’t lose any sleep on this problem - as long as the inspector can be happy you are the genuine user of the pass - and if one letter is all the difference and your passport matches the one detailed in the app, he will be satisfied you are not trying to defraud the operators.

The same goes for reservations - as long as the name is fundamentally the same a small typo error will not matter.

Don’t lose any sleep on this problem - as long as the inspector can be happy you are the genuine user of the pass - and if one letter is all the difference and your passport matches the one detailed in the app, he will be satisfied you are not trying to defraud the operators.

The same goes for reservations - as long as the name is fundamentally the same a small typo error will not matter.

Its not just 1 letter my mother name + middle name is very lengthy - name

9 character & middle name 11 character.

So from middle name last 4 characters I couldn't write while booking pass as it had no character left.