Solved

Night train bookable in B-Europe?

• 16 April 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

This might sound silly... I booked to and from Eurostar tickets last month on b-europe.com and it went perfectly fine…

Now I'm trying to book a NJ from Austerlitz to Nice Ville and I just can't seem to remember where I selected the Eurail discount. 

The only difference is that last time I did it on the laptop and this time I'm using the B Europe app on an Android.  But that shouldn't make a difference,  right?

Right now its only showing the following discount card options:

Regards.

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 16 April 2023, 00:54

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I don't think this night train can be bought on b-europe. You need to use eurail.com for that one or call SNCF

Userlevel 1
Badge

Okay, so while b-europe gave Eurail discounts for Eurostar, they might not for other routes?

That's interesting... let me try calling SNCF tomorrow..

I'm currently in the UK and don't have a laptop really accessible.... so I kept thinking if I should be doing it on the laptop instead.  ;-)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yes b-europe has 2 dedicated pages for Interrail/Eurail pass users :

- Eurostar/Thalys

- TGV within France only

Then there is tickets.oebb.at for Austria, Germany, Italy, Czechia and other Eastern European countries, bahn.de for trains to/from/within Germany, cd.cz works too

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Okay, so while b-europe gave Eurail discounts for Eurostar, they might not for other routes?

They can sell reservations for many trains, but not all online.

Calling SNCF is the best option if you don't want to pay extra fees. Press #85 for English.

Userlevel 1
Badge

By the way, how does SNCF validate the card payment over the phone? Do they ask to share OTP or is it just CVV based?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

By the way, how does SNCF validate the card payment over the phone? Do they ask to share OTP or is it just CVV based?

AFAIK they send you a link via email to make your payment online, so it then depends on your bank or card provider what exact validation is used.

Userlevel 1
Badge

So I just got off the phone with SNCF and could not make the reservations because of very limited payment options.

They only accept American Express from India. I also have MasterCard from US but too was not acceptable. They are big on American Express.

She said she could hold the booking with payment pending which I could do at the station... an option that I was not comfortable with…

Has anyone availed this option of holding the booking with payment pending and then making payment at the station?

I wish I knew this earlier... could have easily gotten an AmEx card in India… maybe this tid-bit can find entry in the FAQs.

Anyways no big deal... will book through Eurail..

Regards.