Solved

Night Train from Sicily to Florence

• 6 April 2023
  • 7 replies

Im having a hard time getting a night train from Sicily to Florence with a sleeper for 2???

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 6 April 2023, 22:24

View original

7 replies

Badge +5

Please give us the full details so we can help 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

We need at least a travel date.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Im having a hard time getting a night train from Sicily to Florence with a sleeper for 2???

Can be booked via Italiarail.com with a Railpass 

The question is on which date? As not on every date this train goes via Florence :) Some of the depatures from Sicily go via the old more scenic Route via La Spezia and Genoa 

June 21. A later departure. I tried the online and only seats were available 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

It's still too early for 21 June. Trenitalia already has the timetable loaded but nobody else, so wait a bit until it becomes available e.g. on the Italiarail website.

Also note that Sicily is not a train station. The sleeper starts in Siracusa and Palermo, with multiple stops until it goes onto the ferry.

Thanks for the info. I tried for the station out of Catina. I’ll look for Siracusa. It’s closer to our hotel. What station do I need to choose for Florence?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Thanks for the info. I tried for the station out of Catina. I’ll look for Siracusa. It’s closer to our hotel. What station do I need to choose for Florence?

Doesnt matter as the train departs from both stations :) Siracusa is the starting station of this train.