Solved

Night train home with no inbound left?

• 21 July 2022
  • 8 replies

Hi, I’m new to this Interrail thing, and I hope my question is not too stupid 😉

I plan to do two trips with my two month global pass, so I won’t have any outbound and inbound trips left for the second trip. But here’s the thing: I’d like to finish the second trip with a night train journey to my home country. The destination of the night train is also my final destination, so there is no need to take an extra travel day for the inbound journey as described here.

Is there a chance the app will accept this trip home as a “normal travel day”, or do I need to buy a regular ticket for this night train journey?

icon

Best answer by MartinM 21 July 2022, 20:49

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

1.Letzter Fahrt MUSS noch im Gültigheit liegen-also AB nach DE am Vortag!

2.Vorschlag: waere es nicht sehr viel günstiger-jetzt wenn es das noch gibt-in sept nicht mehr, mit 9€ AUS 2 und EIN 1 zu machen? Dann bleibt der 2e INlandstag noch da bis zum allerletzten Heimreise!

App reagiert wie apps-ohne Denken-wenn 2 Reisetage IN DE verbraucht sind, dann geht es bloss nicht mehr hier in DE. Dabei zu bedenken das es wohl ab Grenztarifpunkte geht-aber die muss mann sehr gut auskennen und manuell einführen. Ohne genauere Angaben nicht zu beantworten.

1.Letzter Fahrt MUSS noch im Gültigheit liegen-also AB nach DE am Vortag!

2.Vorschlag: waere es nicht sehr viel günstiger-jetzt wenn es das noch gibt-in sept nicht mehr, mit 9€ AUS 2 und EIN 1 zu machen? Dann bleibt der 2e INlandstag noch da bis zum allerletzten Heimreise!

App reagiert wie apps-ohne Denken-wenn 2 Reisetage IN DE verbraucht sind, dann geht es bloss nicht mehr hier in DE. Dabei zu bedenken das es wohl ab Grenztarifpunkte geht-aber die muss mann sehr gut auskennen und manuell einführen. Ohne genauere Angaben nicht zu beantworten.

Thanks a lot for your tips!

1. My ticket will still be valid on both days 😋
  2. Nice idea, but the trip will take place in October, and the ticket is of course not valid in night trains.

Maybe anyone has any experience with such situations?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

You need to buy a separate ticket for the nighttrain at least from the border. Likely will be cheaper if you buy already direct from the starting point because the reservation would cost so or so 14€ already…

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

This is too late now, but: for the Nightjet there is a "partial pass” fare for the case you only have a pass valid in one country. This may or may not be cheaper than the normal fare, depending on what is available.

Hi, I basically have the same issue: I want to make multiple outbound journeys with the Nightjet (From Utrecht to München, I live in NL).

I called the Öbb, but got no advise for a “partial pass”, rather to buy a separate ticket. However, not only would this be rather expensive (the ticket prices for a short trip on Nightjet are the same as for a long trip), I also have separate reservations, whereas I would like to be able to stay the whole trip in the same sleeper cabin I booked. Is there some solution to this?

Would it e.g. be possible to get extra outbound days on the interrail pass for this purpose?

Anyone who has experience with this and managed to get the partial pass?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I would ask directly NS International for the partial pass fare (call center or ticket office, and because this is online not available say to them that you have not to pay extra booking fee like their rules say).

They should be able to sell the same as ÖBB, because it is a ÖBB-NSI cooperation. 

For extra travel days, you could ask directly Interrail customer service via this form:

https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new 

Badge

This is too late now, but: for the Nightjet there is a "partial pass” fare for the case you only have a pass valid in one country. This may or may not be cheaper than the normal fare, depending on what is available.

Could you publish a list with Partial Pass prices, of you have this of know where to get this, thanks!). Maybe the sleeping-car holder or conductor has a list with partial Pass prices, so he/she could calculate the missing amount what could have been paid.

Badge

Could you publish a list with Partial Pass prices, of you have this of know where to get this, thanks!). Maybe the sleeping-car holder or conductor has a list with partial Pass prices, so he/she could calculate the missing amount what could have been paid.

On Reddit I've found some info, they are talking about € 41 extra. For a little track of 18 km Emmerich(Gr) Arnhem, absolutely crazy.