Solved

Nightjet to Wels without in/outboud, Emmerich is border

Badge +1

I take the nightjet to Wels without an in/outbound. 

So I will start my travel at Emmerich (Germany).

But Emmerich is not a stop so I can not check out (I do have a Dutch OV chipcard with discount).
How does this work?

thanks.

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 7 June 2022, 03:15

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Je kunt een handmatige reis toevoegen met als start het grenstariefpunt Emmerich(Gr).

Maar: je kunt geen chipkaart met check-in en check-out in de Nightjet gebruiken. En bij mijn weten ook geen normaal treinkaartje tot de grens (al dan niet met korting).

Er bestaat wel een tarief "partial pass” maar ik weet niet of dat hier van toepassing is en prijzen daarvan heb ik nog nergens gevonden. Het beste bel je denk ik de ÖBB om te vragen wat je hier nodig hebt: +43 5 1717.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Klopt. Speciaal geval.

Beste opl: ALS deze trein (weet ik zo niet uit hoofd) een commerciele stop in Emm heeft (click op trein nr bij bahn=zie je de hele route met alle stops) moet je via NS-INTern of treinreiswinkel een enkeltje NL (100% korting)-EMM kopen (iets van 3€), en VOORaf met de RE19 vanaf Arnh tot daar reizen. NIET INsjekken-met de code op biljet/fone poortje openen indien nodig.

Dit KAN dus ook gevolg hebben als je nu al wel vanaf bvb Utr hebt geREserveerd-dan is dat lastig.

IS dat geen officiele stop, dan dito maar naar DUisburg of evt Oberhausen=stuk duurder.

Vanaf rond 1/.7 zal EMM ook op chipkaart te gebruiken zijn, dus dan gelden alle landelijke ABO.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Vanaf rond 1/.7 zal EMM ook op chipkaart te gebruiken zijn, dus dan gelden alle landelijke ABO.

Maar niet in de NJ. Het tarief daarvan verandert niet door de plaatsing van een paaltje.

Badge

This is typical a case of failing to get its act together by the rail-operator and the traveller gets clean up the shit! Especially travellers with 1-2-3 Month-passes, or 10-15 day-passes within 2 monthes in particular runs into this problem. Most of them are usually travelling back to home and after soms days they are starting with the second (or third) part of the Interrail-trip. Think about visiting a funeral/wedding, having to work a little time (most employers do not approve of their employee taking more than 1 month of continuous leave and many self-employed people sometimes have to go back to check for important mail and things like that. It might be considered like crazy that EU rail group or the rail companies don't get that figured out and so haven't designed anything accordingly which could solve the above-called problem on a very easy way, couldn't they?)). It's absolutely not understandable that ther hasn't been created a pass with 2 or 3 out/inboud trips, (for an little-bit more-expensive price). Why didn't they offered an option that allows travellers to buy extra in-/outbound trips for 10-20-30-40 Euro each way (off-course a little-bit depending on which country of residence is involved). If that would not possible, Rail-operators which offers global-price tickets (like ÖBB with Nightjet and especially SNCF and Eurostar) should offer the possibility to buy online a ticket for the route section not within the validity of the pass, because the in-/outbound days are used, of traveller wants to save them for a later moment when the missing-section 'll be more expensive, or won't be able to buy, (like Amsterdam-Hazeldonk(Gr) when travelling by global-price trains like Eurostar or Roosendaal-Bad Bentheim(gr) when European-Sleeper is used for a nichttreintrip to Berlin, or Prague, from 25 March 2024).