Solved

Nighttrain with one country pass + global pass

• 18 September 2023
  • 1 reply

Hello, I am a Dutch student which is going to study in Germany. Because I'm required to do so I will be a registered resident in Germany as well as in the Netherlands. I want to use public transport often when I am in Germany so I would probably like to buy a global pass for the time being. However, I would also sometimes like to travel back to my home in the Netherlands with the European Sleeper nighttrain.

Because I am registered in both countries, I would like to know if it would be possible to buy an additional Benelux Pass (as a German resident) and a Global pass (as a Dutch citizen) so that I can use my inbound/outbound trip of my global pass later?

I don't know if this is practical, however, I would just like to know if it would be allowed to make a seat reservation at the European Sleeper nighttrain with a Benelux pass together with a Global pass so that I don't have to use my inbound/outbound trip yet.

icon

Best answer by Camilo. 4 October 2023, 11:56

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Fireman2209 

The rule is clear, you buy the Pass depending on your country of residence. Since in this case is Germany, you can buy the Benelux Pass without problem, but take into account the inbound/outbound rule. 

Do you have any more questions?