Solved

No inbound/outbound journeys left

• 23 August 2022
  • 2 replies

I planned my journey today from Barcelona to my country, the Netherlands. I got the option if I was certain if I wanted to use my last inbound journey, which I agreed to.

After the first train, I got stuck which meant I couldn't take the original train over the border to the Netherlands anymore. I had to book a different route, but now I can't activate my journey since it says I have no travels left.

I tried to delete the original journey, but this had no effect. Has others had this, and what do I do if they check my interrail ticket? 

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 23 August 2022, 00:40

View original

2 replies

Only now I saw the option that I could cancel my inbound journey - however my original train left 50 minutes ago, which means "the journey is in the past". This is I think very weird and should be perhaps communicated more clearly.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The best is never to activate anything in advance because you never know what will happen. This is true for the pass, for travel days but also for inbound/outbound journeys.

Nevertheless, the railways are responsible to get you home without extra costs. If you get stranded, they have to provide overnight accommodation and a ticket for the next day. Speak to the staff on your train and ask them what you should do or where to get assistance.