Solved

Not starting my journey in the country of residence

• 14 January 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi fellas, I am new to this community but I alredy have one question for you. I am from Italy but I would like to start my journey from another country, probably Sweden or Poland: is it possible? Or do I have to “waste” the first of my travel days, the oudbound one, because it is mandatory to start the journey form your country? 

Thank you for your time,

Laapo :)

icon

Best answer by Yorkie 14 January 2023, 18:45

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi fellas, I am new to this community but I alredy have one question for you. I am from Italy but I would like to start my journey from another country, probably Sweden or Poland: is it possible? Or do I have to “waste” the first of my travel days, the oudbound one, because it is mandatory to start the journey form your country? 

You can start anywhere you like.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

The 2 home country travel days are totally optional and, despite their name, they are simply days when your home country becomes one of the valid countries, so you can use them in any way that you wish, including not using them at all. 

The popular use is of course to start and/or finish a journey but, just like  any other travel day, you really can use them in any way you want, but not more than 2 in total, irrespective of the length of your pass. They do not have to be Out then In - I used a 10 day pass for 2 fly out - Rail back journeys.