Solved

Ok with flight between same day trains, one in country of residence

• 29 July 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi, 

First time Interrail Global Pass user here. 

My plans include a flight on the last travel day:

1. Morning: Trains from Belgium to Amsterdam Schiphol Airport on SNCB and NS. (Not Thalys.)
  2. Afternoon: Flight från Amsterdam to Stockholm.
  3. Evening: Train from Stockholm Arlanda Airport to Stockholm Central on Arlanda Express.

Country of residence is Sweden so this day will be my “inbound” travel day.

My question: Will the Global Pass cover all trains 1 and 3? Or is there a problem that the journey has a big “gap” in the middle, from the flight?

Thanks!

Anders

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 29 July 2022, 18:16

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

There is no problem at all to do like this. One idea with the Outbound/Inbound journeys is that you can use the to/from an airport or harbour if you like. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

For train 3 you need at least also a quite heavy SURcharge to pay. Anna fra Sverige should know more about this. It might even be cheaper-if you live in STO and have SL-rights, to use bus to Märsta?? and then Pendeltaget, even with kuponger-if they still have those.

For train 3 you need at least also a quite heavy SURcharge to pay. 

Thanks for the warning. I was under the impression the Arlanda Express was included.

Do you have a link to information on the surcharge? This page Airport train station connections | Interrail.eu does not mention it. No info at arlandaexpress.se.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

For train 3 you need at least also a quite heavy SURcharge to pay. Anna fra Sverige should know more about this. It might even be cheaper-if you live in STO and have SL-rights, to use bus to Märsta?? and then Pendeltaget, even with kuponger-if they still have those.

You are not correct @mcadv Arlanda Express is included in the Interrail offer.