Solved

On a train and cant add a pass to a journey - may be thrown off soon

• 17 August 2022
  • 7 replies

hello I’m on a train now.  I created a trip, activated a travel day but cannot add the pass to the trip.  Please see screenshot with no option to add the pass.

I am using an iPhone.  User error?  I saw a mention of deleting the cache but I can’t find a reference to this in the help / FAQ.

icon

Best answer by CaliforniaZephyr 18 August 2022, 08:22

View original

7 replies

Some additional information

I already activated a “travel day”

I have three mobile passes on my phone

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Each pass needs its own trip so you need 3 Trips connected to one pass each.

For each Trip you then need to connect the journey to the pass just before boarding the train.

How do you mean that you already have activated a travel day?

@rvdborgt  Any ideas?

“How did you activate a travel day” - when you click on the number 2 it lets you “activate a travel day” - which I thought would at least let me show a QR code to the conductor

See screenshot below

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

What happens when you click “add a journey” ?

Have you added the journey you want to take the Trip that is connected to your pass?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The screenshot from My Trip suggests that this trip is not connected to a pass. But it's not good that in My Pass no name of a trip is mentioned. The trip linked to the pass should normally be mentioned directly under the type of pass (here: “Flexi Pass: 7 days within 1 month”).

1. What happens if you tap on "Add a journey”? Can you add a journey there or do you get to the same trip where you can't add a journey to your pass?
  2. Did you manage to add any journeys on 15 August? Since that's the start date mentioned, that must have been the first travel day.

after pushing every button in the app I believe I found the answer :)

Looks like you add each new journey to your original trip - I was trying to add a new journey for each travel day

thanks for reading, hope this helps another newbie :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You can only add journeys that are in your Trip to your pass, so you always need to add the journey to your Trip before you can add the journey from your Trip to your pass.