Solved

One Country Pass Italy- pass and reservations ready. Anything else?

Hello. 

This week I'm starting to use my one country pass in Italy and I would like to know how I should proceed on the train. I have a digital pass (on the app) and I already printed my seat reservations. 

Is there anything I should be aware of before starting to travel?

icon

Best answer by Angelo 6 July 2022, 21:31

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Before boarding the train you have to add the train to your pass on the app, so you can show the qr code when the train conductor came to you. In bigger stations there can be barrier to check tickets, show your reservation or qr code of the pass, should both work. For any problem ask staff in the stations. 

From Airport in Milan trains Malpensa Express are not included in the pass.

From Airport in Rome Fiumicino trains Leonardo Express are only included in a 1st class pass, there are also local trains that you can take in 2nd class. 

Load Trenitalia App to look about Information for the train or delays. The railplanner app, is not up-to-date.

So I don't need to validate the tickets before entering the trains? I only need to show the barcode and the seat reservation?

Before boarding the train you have to add the train to your pass on the app, so you can show the qr code when the train conductor came to you. In bigger stations there can be barrier to check tickets, show your reservation or qr code of the pass, should both work. For any problem ask staff in the stations. 

From Airport in Milan trains Malpensa Express are not included in the pass.

From Airport in Rome Fiumicino trains Leonardo Express are only included in a 1st class pass, there are also local trains that you can take in 2nd class. 

Load Trenitalia App to look about Information for the train or delays. The railplanner app, is not up-to-date.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

You can’t validate the pass. 

Most of the time you show the pass (on the app) and the reservation (on trains that need a reservation) on board of the train when staff came to check tickets. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Rail planner app basics:

https://www.interrail.eu/en/interrail-passes/interrail-mobile-pass/getting-started